PDA

View Full Version : Help on Motec axis setup

Gaanja
04-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi,

I am having issues with setting up the axes on the motec software (ECU Manager for M800)

How do i set one of the axes as the avg of the Right drive speed and left drive speed??

Gaanja
04-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi,

I am having issues with setting up the axes on the motec software (ECU Manager for M800)

How do i set one of the axes as the avg of the Right drive speed and left drive speed??

C.Zinke
04-11-2009, 06:32 AM
As far as I know this is not possible. Maybe you can create a virtual channel that uses a formula to compute what you need. I would ask motec. They will help you. Let me know what the outcome was. Thanks!

Gaanja
04-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Will do so and let you know asap chris

JamesWolak
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I really don't think you are going to be able to do that. Tell me if you find otherwise though.

Gaaja if you are using an F4i it might be easier for you to calculate your speed from the stock speed sensor that is read from the transmission. Then again i don't know what you are using this for and that speed may not adequate.

Gaanja
04-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Thanks James

I actually wanted to use this for the Traction Control Aim Slip table. I am using 4 wheel speed sensors. I want to use Ground Speed vs Drive Speed as the axes. In the TC main setup the Drive speed is selected to be 30% bias bw the two wheels speed sensors. But in the axis setup i am not able to find the Ground speed channel or the drive speed channel. Four distinct channels as left/right, drive/ground speed are available. That is why i wanted to know if i could setup up a channel which is the average of 2 or something like that

Damon Pipenberg
04-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Ground speed and drive speed are already channels on the M800. When you go to select the channel for the axis, you need to check the box to "show non-sensor channels".

Gaanja
04-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanx Damon. I found what i wanted.

I have another doubt. I have 2 wheel speed sensors which pick up signals from the 2 non driven wheels. So how does the motec calculate the Ground Speed??

PBnG
04-13-2009, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have 2 wheel speed sensors which pick up signals from the 2 non driven wheels. So how does the motec calculate the Ground Speed?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The M800 series uses the faster of the two ('Left Ground', 'Right Ground') for the 'Ground Speed' channel.

Gaanja
04-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Is it possible to configure the channel such that it takes the average of the 2???