PDA

View Full Version : 4 Day OptimumG Seminar Post FSAE West -Updated!

OptimumG
04-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Dear FSAE enthusiasts,

<span class="ev_code_RED">Update</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Register by June 12th to receive the early registration price. To receive a Formula SAE/Student discounted price to the 4-Day seminar you must first send an email to engineering@optimumg.com stating your name, FSAE team, role in FSAE team, University name, University location, Degree studying and proof that you are currently enrolled, such as a current class timetable.

The seminar will be held at University of California - San Diego in La Jolla, just north of San Diego.

Don't miss out on this opportunity as all the Top 10 teams in this year's FSAE East attended one of these seminars in 2008!</span>

There will be only 2 seminars with very reduced prices for FSAE students in the US this year.

One after the Michigan FSAE and one after the FSAE West

All the advice you need to understand vehicle dynamics, race car engineering, and how to get the best performance from your FSAE car! Each seminar is 4 day for the same price as the 2008 3 day seminar. You will also get a new binder with over 700 pages of theories and practical car design and setup dos and don’ts; the equivalent of more than one full semester in vehicle dynamics. Plus many new jokes and videos ?

Register before Monday May 4th to get the reduced price for the OptimumG Vehicle Dynamics and Race Car Engineering Seminar that will be hosted at Michigan State after the FSAE competition.

Register before Monday June 8th to get the reduced price for the OptimumG Vehicle Dynamics and Race Car Engineering Seminar that will be hosted after the FSAE WEST competition. We are looking for a South California university near Fontana which will host the seminar: we are offering 3 seminar seats in exchange.

To register for the seminar, please visit www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com).

The group discount is applicable to students who register in groups of three or more. Please send an email to engineering@optimumg.com stating the name and email address of EACH participant. Each participant will then be sent an email containing the discount code.

For more comprehensive information regarding the seminar, please visit www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com).

Best regards,

Claude Rouelle
President
OptimumG, LLC

Tel: 1 303-752-1562 Fax: 1-303 368-0121
engineering@optimumg.com
www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com)

Matthew Bell
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay for this seminar? Tried looking through older posts, but no one made any recommendations.

Anvit Garg
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I went to the Rouelle seminar in Lansing, MI last year. I stayed at the Howard Johnson which I believe was one of the closest hotels to campus. It was also very affordable.

Claude was even staying there.

Matthew Bell
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I ended up using my SCCA discount to say at a Choice Hotel (Comfort, Quality, Sleep, etc. Inn) that's about 3 miles from campus.

FF Scott
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Seeing if I can turn up some conversation about this thou Im sure the MIS status thread will be of more interesting to people..

Wanted to see what teams have guys attending this year? Louisville is bringing 3. First time for our program to take advantage of this awesome opportunity. Would you believe it our Dept. Chairman almost stopped us from going, by saying we couldn't justify the cost of the trip. LMAO!

Goob
05-13-2009, 06:40 PM
FIT has one going. i'm looking forward to it and hope to apply what i learn to next year's car.

nickmpower
05-21-2009, 01:02 AM
So where do people think they are going to be staying for the Fontana seminar? Also is it located at the track? I'm hoping for public transportation, as it would cost quite a bit to rent a car.

R. Alexander
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by nickmpower:
So where do people think they are going to be staying for the Fontana seminar? Also is it located at the track? I'm hoping for public transportation, as it would cost quite a bit to rent a car.

I'm in the same boat. I'll be flying in just for the seminar and will need a place to stay.

Ryan

HenningO
05-22-2009, 07:01 AM
FYI, the seminar will be held at University of California - San Diego (2 hours from Fontana, thanks Kirk!). So in case you are flying out just for the seminar, it might be convenient to fly to San Diego (and stay around San Diego as well)!

Charlie
05-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I definitely wouldn't fly to LA if I was only going to the seminar, but if you need a way to get to San Diego from LA, the AmTrak is a pretty nice ride along the coastline from Los Angeles Union Station to San Diego. Cheap too.

Kirk Feldkamp
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by HenningO:
FYI, the seminar will be held at University of California - San Diego (1 hour from Fontana).

One hour? More like 2... without any traffic.

MAP HERE! (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=9300+Cherry+Ave,+Fontana,+CA+92335+(Cal ifornia+Speedway+Road+Course)&geocode=FUYXCAIdtEL_-CH6PYqImbpNfw%3B&dirflg=&daddr=UC+San+Diego,+La+Jolla,+CA&f=d&hl=en&dq=California+Speedway,+loc:+Fontana,+Ca&sll=34.084678,-117.488972&sspn=0.031581,0.117031&cid=9173193184607092218&ie=UTF8&z=9)

-Kirk

OptimumG
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Updated information in first post.

Geoffct
06-07-2009, 12:57 AM
As a member of the 9th place University of Michigan Dearborn team, I take exception to the statement:
"...all the Top 10 teams in this year's FSAE East attended one of these seminars in 2008!"

That said, I fully understand the value of the course and would love to have corrected that statement for next year if the team weren't over budget for this year.

If MSU for some reason cannot accommodate the event next year, we would be more than willing to host.

Geoff C. Turner

OptimumG
06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Geoffct:
As a member of the 9th place University of Michigan Dearborn team, I take exception to the statement:
"...all the Top 10 teams in this year's FSAE East attended one of these seminars in 2008!"
Geoff C. Turner

Geoff, you are correct! I confused you guys with Ann-Arbor when I looked through the result lists.

/Henning

nickmpower
06-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like I will probably be staying at the Sheraton. They are about a mile away so I will be able to make the walk but the cheapest they have is 115 a night. And its going to be an expensive cab ride to and from the airport