PDA

View Full Version : Upright question

Szabi
02-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi!

I am a memeber of the hungarian FSAE team. We find out to connect the rear pushrod to the upright instead of the lower A-arm. In this case the A-arms are less loaded, and the spherical bearing in the A-arm's end will not come out of its socket (like it did last year).
I haven't seen it in FSAE yet, even I think that it has some advantage. But I'm afraid that I have missed something, and the concept does not works well.
Please, write about it if you have experience with a similar solution!

Szabi
02-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi!

I am a memeber of the hungarian FSAE team. We find out to connect the rear pushrod to the upright instead of the lower A-arm. In this case the A-arms are less loaded, and the spherical bearing in the A-arm's end will not come out of its socket (like it did last year).
I haven't seen it in FSAE yet, even I think that it has some advantage. But I'm afraid that I have missed something, and the concept does not works well.
Please, write about it if you have experience with a similar solution!

HenningO
02-09-2009, 03:56 AM
It can be done and has been done.

In the front it might be a bit tricky to get it working, but I've seen it done.

In the rear it's pretty straight forward.

kapps
02-09-2009, 07:05 AM
We're doing it for the first time this year (in the rear). I've seen several race cars with this setup and it seems to work.

Dave K
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I am assuming you have used some sort of spherical bearing housing that the bearing is pressed into in the past... you can make those things with a little flange that the bearing rests on to keep it from popping out. However mounting the pushrod to the upright has been done, it's just a little tougher.