PDA

View Full Version : CAD designs for cbr600rr '08

elserra
12-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Hi there!
We've been searching for a CAD of the new 2008 cbr600rr engine, but we have had no luck. I've read all the posts which say I have to visit this or that page, but there was still no luck.
The page with all the motorcycle CADs seems to be unavailable, and most of the archives are old.
In fact, the only thing we want to know exactly is the anchoring of the engine to the chassis. We've tried out with the one that is available at the FSAE open CAD library, but the points are not the same.
We cannot afford any more spent, because we have spent our money in tools we did not have (this is the 2nd year we are participating) and more stuff.

Thanks anyway, great page!

elserra
12-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Hi there!
We've been searching for a CAD of the new 2008 cbr600rr engine, but we have had no luck. I've read all the posts which say I have to visit this or that page, but there was still no luck.
The page with all the motorcycle CADs seems to be unavailable, and most of the archives are old.
In fact, the only thing we want to know exactly is the anchoring of the engine to the chassis. We've tried out with the one that is available at the FSAE open CAD library, but the points are not the same.
We cannot afford any more spent, because we have spent our money in tools we did not have (this is the 2nd year we are participating) and more stuff.

Thanks anyway, great page!

paikia84
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Carlos,

What we did was CMM the engine. Since the most critical points that you might need from an engine are mounting points(to chassis), intake and exhaust points, and final drive point. With those points obtained, the rest of the engine can be modelled out. If you are planning for a tight packaging, you could also CMM those critical areas where you think there would be a interference issue.

I hope these info could help you.

Ben Liew

NUS FSAE Singapore