PDA

View Full Version : CBR600RR Dry Sump

antanas
12-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey, guys!
I've searched through all of the internet and all of FSAE Forums, but as you see - unfortunately.
So, does anybody know oil strainer dimensions of Honda CBR600RR (2005-2006) engine. I am most interested in inner and outer diameters of that part of the strainer which connects to an oil pump. But other dimensions also would be nice to get. Thanks http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

antanas
12-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey, guys!
I've searched through all of the internet and all of FSAE Forums, but as you see - unfortunately.
So, does anybody know oil strainer dimensions of Honda CBR600RR (2005-2006) engine. I am most interested in inner and outer diameters of that part of the strainer which connects to an oil pump. But other dimensions also would be nice to get. Thanks http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drew Price
12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antanas:
I've searched through all of the internet.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Impressive.....

Do you have or are you getting one of these engines? To add the dry sump and expect it to pay off you should already have the engine by now, to be able to do your parts build and implementation so that you can be testing the system as soon as possible.

That being said, unless someone is very generous to go measure theirs for you, I bed you could assume the pickup tube was in the 18-24mm range and be pretty safe in that assumption. As for the filter screen, that will depend on the oil pan, and if you're doing a dry sump that will change anyway, but it's probably in the 35-45 mm range.

With a dry sump you are often sucking the oil in through some sort of tube setup rather than straws, and the filters can be after the scanvenge pump(s) to protect the pressure pump, depending on the style of pump you use.

Best,
Drew

Huskie Motorsports TD
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I seem to remember making a new stem last year and a piece of 3/4" 0.035 was pretty much perfect. Don't quote me exactly it was over a year ago.