PDA

View Full Version : KTM 525 engine data

Florin
01-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello,

If anyone has the KTM 525 engine data, I would be grateful if I could have a copy.

Regards,
Florin

Hector
01-13-2010, 09:40 PM
This is the most vague post I've seen in a while...

What data?

tougeferio
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Not really sure what your asking... There are a few fsae teams that use KTM's. Our team (UTSA) is going to be using a 450 this year. I've seen video of Georgia southern uni using a turbo 525 for this year. Pittsburgh uni from Kansas used one in 08, as well as St. Cloud state. Info on the use of these motors in fsae is few and far between...

Florin
01-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Sorry about being too short..
I need the technical specifications, as I want to run engine simulations in Automated Design or Engine Analyzer software.
I believe that whoever runs simulations of the KTM 525 engine has an engine file.

tougeferio
01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Engine and transmission

Displacement: 510.40 ccm (31.14 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder
Stroke: 4
Compression: 11.0:1
Bore x stroke: 95.0 x 72.0 mm (3.7 x 2.8 inches)
Fuel system: Carburettor. Keihin MX FCR 39
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: OHC
Ignition: Kokusan digital 4K-3B
Starter: Electric & kick
Lubrication system: Pressure lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch, operated hydraulically

Florin
01-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Does anyone here know the EFCD (effective valve close duration) of the KTM 525?
Thanks.

Lesis
11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi.
If anyone needs,I have two different Ktm owner's manuals with some technical data,including gear ratios in transmission.One file of 450 and 613cc Ktm torque,power curves.
Pm.

Maybe any of You have Solidworks,Autocad model of Ktm450-609cc engines?Basically for chassis,engine mounts.
This is perfect,but it's not for free,right?
Ktm 525 3d (http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=43767)

theTTshark
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
^I can't tell if the spam bots are getting smarter or if this is an actual post...

Lesis
11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by theTTshark:
^I can't tell if the spam bots are getting smarter or if this is an actual post...

That's hilarious.I have never been called spam bot.Can't tell by which part post sounded like spam bot,but I offered some info about Ktm before asking for 3D model instead.You know,offer something,before You ask for Youself.Trying to be polite in first forum post.

No luck in dealer centers and one workshop.The goal was to measure any 450-610 single engine basic dimmensions for engine mount sketches.None of them had engines in store.Only two workshops left.

The difficulty is,that our university even country has never participated in this project,only two our student have been in exchange year at Denmark university. We can't just buy,for example,engine and then take it's dimmensions.We will get funding only when 3d model will be ready.that's understandable,but it complex things.

Series One
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Maybe any of You have Solidworks,Autocad model of Ktm450-609cc engines?Basically for chassis,engine mounts.

If you contact Warwick Racing (University of Warwick) in the UK and ask nicely, they should be able to help you out with some Solidworks models of that engine.

JWard
11-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Series One:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe any of You have Solidworks,Autocad model of Ktm450-609cc engines?Basically for chassis,engine mounts.

If you contact Warwick Racing (University of Warwick) in the UK and ask nicely, they should be able to help you out with some Solidworks models of that engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The model isn't THE most accurate. It's not a full scan, but the hard points were scanned. It's not 100% perfect, but it's damn close in terms of the rest of the modelled geometry of the engine. By all means contact the team, but try to offer something in return - someone spent a lot of time measuring and creating that model!!