PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your engine?

Jeong-neon Kim
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Our team have used Honda CBR600RR engine for 6 years. But We are going to change another one.
Getting last place in fuel efficiency score in California 2009 is one of the biggest reason.
So We are going to buy one-cylindered engine. I think that 2010 FSAE member of my team is going to buy WR450F engine.
Actually, I wonder where you buy your engine and main harness for participate in competitions.
In KORA's case, We bought whole motorbike as a new one - Honda Korea never sells engine&main harness alone - and break it.

Jeong-neon Kim
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Our team have used Honda CBR600RR engine for 6 years. But We are going to change another one.
Getting last place in fuel efficiency score in California 2009 is one of the biggest reason.
So We are going to buy one-cylindered engine. I think that 2010 FSAE member of my team is going to buy WR450F engine.
Actually, I wonder where you buy your engine and main harness for participate in competitions.
In KORA's case, We bought whole motorbike as a new one - Honda Korea never sells engine&main harness alone - and break it.

Zac
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I think most teams get their motors either by buying wrecked bikes or by purchasing a used motor from a junkyard.

but I'm going to guess that you didn't get last place in fuel economy because of the displacement of your motor. It was probably due more to your tuning and overall development than anything else. Moving towards a single cylinder won't necessarily help you score better.

Kirk Feldkamp
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
ebay!

poe21
07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kirk Feldkamp:
ebay! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that!! Must be careful though, as you can get boned on shipping, or an incomplete engine!!