PDA

View Full Version : Looking for husqvarna SM630 crankcase

Ninda Kurniadi
06-26-2018, 02:41 AM
Hello,

I'm from Indonesia, I look for husqvarna SM630 crankcase because my crankcase broke. Is there want to sell the crankcase or have a friend who sell SM630 crankcase because took time so long if order it from dealers. I want to buy it, because car must go to FS Japan early September.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Ninda Kurniadi

NickFavazzo
06-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Can it be welded? how is it damaged?

Ninda Kurniadi
06-26-2018, 06:57 AM
Can it be welded? how is it damaged?

Can't weld it

NickFavazzo
06-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Probably could cover it with a flat plate. Picture is a bit small to see if anything 'structural' is there but if comp is a couple of month away I would use that as a backup plan. Do you have the chunk that is missing?

I've had engine cases re-welded and bearing bores refinished on my race bikes to get me to the next round.

Ninda Kurniadi
06-27-2018, 01:45 AM
Probably could cover it with a flat plate. Picture is a bit small to see if anything 'structural' is there but if comp is a couple of month away I would use that as a backup plan. Do you have the chunk that is missing?

I've had engine cases re-welded and bearing bores refinished on my race bikes to get me to the next round.

Cover it with a flat plate but I'm not sure about it because the broken area very large. Okay let's see next picture, 10th August the engine must running and until now I not yet the crankcase and the solution about it. Yes, I have the chunk that is broken

Ninda Kurniadi
06-27-2018, 01:48 AM

Drew Price
06-27-2018, 02:14 PM
HI Ninda,

This eBay seller in the US has one half of the case listed, you could message and see if they have the other half.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Husqvarna-TE630-TE-630-SM-SMR-right-engine-side-crank-case-block-bottom-end/272218674939

That ad makes it look like the engine might be the same for the TE630 as for the SMS630. If you can verify that it will let you search more broadly.

Ninda Kurniadi
06-27-2018, 10:35 PM
HI Ninda,

This eBay seller in the US has one half of the case listed, you could message and see if they have the other half.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Husqvarna-TE630-TE-630-SM-SMR-right-engine-side-crank-case-block-bottom-end/272218674939

That ad makes it look like the engine might be the same for the TE630 as for the SMS630. If you can verify that it will let you search more broadly.

Hello Drew Price,

Thanks a lot !! Right, TE630 same as SMS630 engine. I will message the seller. I already contact some seller from US and Europe but they say that crankcase is no longer available because the bike discontinue.

Pat Clarke
06-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Ninda, what caused the broken crankcase? From the picture, it looks like a conrod has broken and smashed the case. If this is the case, then you don't need a set of crankcases, you really need a new engine!

Drew Price
06-29-2018, 12:04 PM
It looks to me like it's in the very back of the case in the transmission area, maybe from the diff coming loose and getting yanked into the back of the motor? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Ninda, I could not easily find even an entire engine for the 630's. I've got my fingers crossed that you can get the car back together in time to test before Japan!

You have probably tried already, but maybe there is a Husqvarna Facebook group or forum with classified sections as well. This site seems to not get much traffic anymore, but the FSAE subreddit is pretty active, maybe try there too.

Ninda Kurniadi
07-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Ninda, what caused the broken crankcase? From the picture, it looks like a conrod has broken and smashed the case. If this is the case, then you don't need a set of crankcases, you really need a new engine!

Hi Pat,
Yes, the conrod has broken and smashed the case. We try to find a full engine. It’s hard to find 630 part in Indonesia.

Ninda Kurniadi
07-02-2018, 06:47 PM
It looks to me like it's in the very back of the case in the transmission area, maybe from the diff coming loose and getting yanked into the back of the motor? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Ninda, I could not easily find even an entire engine for the 630's. I've got my fingers crossed that you can get the car back together in time to test before Japan!

You have probably tried already, but maybe there is a Husqvarna Facebook group or forum with classified sections as well. This site seems to not get much traffic anymore, but the FSAE subreddit is pretty active, maybe try there too.

The conrod has broken and smashed the case. And the broken part thrown to transmission area, and made some gears broken too.
Now, we try to find a full engine and buy the case too so we have spare engine. We need 3 weeks for get the case. Thanks dor your attention. Wish Japan go well.

Pat Clarke
07-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Ninda, source and adapt a more common engine such as a Yamaha or Honda 450!

Chasing orphan engines and parts is a fruitless task.

Pat

Ninda Kurniadi
07-05-2018, 12:25 AM
Ninda, source and adapt a more common engine such as a Yamaha or Honda 450!

Chasing orphan engines and parts is a fruitless task.

Pat

Thanks Pat ! Today we get the full engine and car ready to go