PDA

View Full Version : what tyre size should be used for 10 '' rim

amit
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
what tyre size should be used for 10 '' rim, if our car weigts about 200 kg, and we are using spool drive at the rear.so if anyone have good suggestion please reply. its needed badly.

amit
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
what tyre size should be used for 10 '' rim, if our car weigts about 200 kg, and we are using spool drive at the rear.so if anyone have good suggestion please reply. its needed badly.

Mikey Antonakakis
03-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Before everyone else flames this, consider deleting this post and going and looking it up yourself. It shouldn't be too hard to find. If I knew off the top of my head, I'd tell you. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to call or email Hoosier or Goodyear or any other tire manufacturer involved in Formula SAE. Google "how to choose tire size" or something along those lines. Hopefully you'll find this helpful, but I don't want to just give you the answer either. This is the kind of thing that can be easily researched, so go for it! You'll probably get faster results that way than by using these forums.

amit
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
thank you for your suggestion but the problem is we are planing to use spool drive at the rear and so have to use wheel with plusing the size and we dont have any experimental data with us.

amit
03-08-2009, 10:27 AM
and also if you you know how to read specification on hossier tyre please hepl us. because in our country different specification are in use.

Wes Burk
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Goodyear doesn't make any 10" rim tires anymore, I believe

GoodyearFSAE
03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wes Burk:
Goodyear doesn't make any 10" rim tires anymore, I believe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct. We haven't manufactured 10" FSAE tires in several years. The decision to drop the size was based on volume. There just haven't been enough teams running 10" rims to make it practical on our end.

However, back to the original poster's questions/comments: What exactly are you having trouble understanding with the way Hoosier (and presumably Goodyear) spec their FSAE tires? Bias race tire are generally sized by outer diameter, nominal width, and inner diameter. Additionally, most manufacturers will give you dimensions for section width and a range of recommended rim widths.

My advice: run four tires in the same size (preferably one that you have TTC data for) and experiment with different rim widths and inflation pressures.

amit
03-09-2009, 09:16 AM
thank you all the guys
when i was going through cataloge of hoosier tyre under tyre size heading dimensions were
like this, for example 10.o/19.0-10.and in our country normally first tyre width, aspect ratio,rim size are given.so we are unable to get what are those.please if you know help us.

exFSAE
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
18.0 x 6.0-10 is a Hoosier size, for example.

18.0" diameter
6.0" section width
-10 indicates 10" bead diameter wheel, and bias.

Some companies do it differently. I believe Avon uses something like 6.2/20-13, in which case 6.2 is the section width, 20 is diameter, -13 is 13" bead diameter, bias.

t21jj
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
https://www.hoosiertire.com/Fsaeinfo.htm

amit
03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
thank you guys