PDA

View Full Version : Group deal on cnc laser cut chassis

dawhitaker
09-15-2009, 12:01 AM
One of our sponsors is giving a great rate for anyone designing a space frame chassis. Normal price for a typical FSAE size chassis is $350 for programming and $350 for cutting. His price for FSAE teams is $315 material not included. For that price he is asking for a link on your website and a 2" X 6" sticker on the car. If interested or for more details please shoot me an email @ davidwhitaker2004@yahoo.com

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona
Team President

dawhitaker
09-15-2009, 12:01 AM
One of our sponsors is giving a great rate for anyone designing a space frame chassis. Normal price for a typical FSAE size chassis is $350 for programming and $350 for cutting. His price for FSAE teams is $315 material not included. For that price he is asking for a link on your website and a 2" X 6" sticker on the car. If interested or for more details please shoot me an email @ davidwhitaker2004@yahoo.com

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona
Team President

dawhitaker
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
He has informed me that his turn around time after recieving your model and material is 3 days, but to be safe he said a week.

dawhitaker
09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Just bumping this post back up. Already recieved notice from a few teams that are interested. The more teams we can get involved the better the price we can all get. With enough interest, this can be a continous deal for following years

Daleezer
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Where's the shop located?

dawhitaker
09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
The shop is located in Anaheim, CA. If you dont already have material being sponsored i can hook you up with the guy we buy from here locally to reduce shipping costs for you. At least that way you would only be paying return shipping. Just an option but let me know. So far only ourselves and 4 other teams have taken him up on the offer.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE
Team Manager

Kevin Dunn
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll ask my team if they'd be interested in doing this. The 2010 guys are looking at having their tubes laser cut this year, and that pricing is much cheaper than what I've seen so far.

What company do you guys get your tubing supplied from? If we go this route, we'll probably just buy from them.

dawhitaker
09-18-2009, 12:30 PM
The name of the company is Cal Mesa Steel Supply, Inc. If you choose to go through them then I will give you a contact to go through. Just shoot me an email: davidwhitaker2004@yahoo.com

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE
Team President

dawhitaker
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Ok so he is already started with one of the teams and it will be rolling out shortly. Now is the time to jump on this deal

dawhitaker
09-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Just bumping this back up again. This deal has no expiration date for teams who are still in the design phase. Just send me an email when your ready. And as far as the material thing goes, that is for anyone, you dont have to have your chassis laser cut