PDA

View Full Version : Calculation jounce and rebound damping

Ninda Kurniadi
06-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Hello Friend,
I want to ask, How formula to calculation the jounce damping and rebound damping ? last year our calculation still wrong in the design spec sheet.

Many thanks,
Ninda Kurniadi

Jay Lawrence
06-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Hi Ninda,

I suggest you update this post with a whole lot more information if you expect to get any decent responses.

For example, you should share all of your working so that people have some kind of reference for how you got your original values. You also need to explain why you think those values are wrong.

BillCobb
06-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Jounce when wheel go up, rebound when wheel go down. Repeat for all wheels slow, very slow, fast and very fast. There's some Maths involved with all this they say...

Claude Rouelle
06-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Ninda,

Your post is unfair to the readers and to you. Many readers of this forum are fed up with the "give me the formula" post. It is more about first understanding the problem than finding the solution.

Or maybe something is "lost in translation"....

My first advice would be read all damper threads on this forum

ChassisSim
06-30-2016, 07:18 PM
Ninda,

This will be of help,

http://www.chassissim.com/blog/chassissim-news/the-damper-workbook

However the best way to learn this is to read through the examples and then do it. There are no shortcuts.

All the Best

Danny Nowlan
Director
ChassisSim Technologies

BillCobb
07-02-2016, 12:56 PM
This is a pretty straight up textbook explanation of what you are asking for. Jim's website has more details.

http://www.kaztechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/A-Guide-To-Your-Dampers-Chapter-from-FSAE-Book-by-Jim-Kasprzak.pdf

See if you can spot the single typo in this otherwise excellent report.

If you want to be known as an engineer instead of just a technician, you need to apply some functional math to this data and compute actual derivatives, not just 'delta this' over 'delta that'. Symbology looks great to the naive, but the 'math works' makes you a professional.