PDA

View Full Version : R6 Cad

Jimmy_seven
10-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi guys, we (Brunel Racing) are looking at switching from our current 2005 R6 engines to newer 2006 ones. So I was wondering if anybody had a good cad model of the '06 engine which they would be willing to share? I've had a look around already and can’t seem to find one, maybe if there is one out there it can be added to the library?

Cheers,
James

Jimmy_seven
10-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi guys, we (Brunel Racing) are looking at switching from our current 2005 R6 engines to newer 2006 ones. So I was wondering if anybody had a good cad model of the '06 engine which they would be willing to share? I've had a look around already and can’t seem to find one, maybe if there is one out there it can be added to the library?

Cheers,
James

jony z
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
We are also looking for a scan. We recently purchased an engine hoping to create our own; however the new lab manager at our school won't let us use the 3d scanner. ... If you find one please share

TPeterson
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
This is the R6 file we used when we were evaluating switching away from the cbr600. I believe it is a .igs file. Hope this helps!!! http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3459/3993394854_3f5f66e756.jpg

Pennyman
10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Is that a hole in the block?

TPeterson
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
No its the oil filter...

overdrive535
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Isn't that the oil cooler...

In all seriousness, Wild Hare Racing has designed cars around the current "free" R6 scan and installed the '06 R6. You just need to measure the engine for motor mounts (they are different than the '05). The engines space claim didn't change significantly from '05 to '06. You can do it, it's not even that hard if you take your time and use a good straight edge. Just a tip, check the firing order, because it changed from '05 to '06.

ibanezplayer
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by overdrive535:

In all seriousness, Wild Hare Racing has designed cars around the current "free" R6 scan and installed the '06 R6. You just need to measure the engine for motor mounts (they are different than the '05). The engines space claim didn't change significantly from '05 to '06. You can do it, it's not even that hard if you take your time and use a good straight edge. Just a tip, check the firing order, because it changed from '05 to '06. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what we've done for the past two years, and are doing this year...

Another thing to watch out for is that the upper front engine mounts (on the head) are different left-side to right-side. People who have been on our team for a long time still don't really understand this....

Jimmy_seven
10-09-2009, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TPeterson:
This is the R6 file we used when we were evaluating switching away from the cbr600. I believe it is a .igs file. Hope this helps!!! http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3459/3993394854_3f5f66e756.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That looks like the '03-'05 engine to me, I'm looking for a model of the '06-'07 http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Jimmy_seven
10-09-2009, 01:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by overdrive535:

In all seriousness, Wild Hare Racing has designed cars around the current "free" R6 scan and installed the '06 R6. You just need to measure the engine for motor mounts (they are different than the '05). The engines space claim didn't change significantly from '05 to '06. You can do it, it's not even that hard if you take your time and use a good straight edge. Just a tip, check the firing order, because it changed from '05 to '06. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to give this a go, although our new engines haven't turned up yet. I was just trying to get things moving as the chassis guy is well into designing our rear frame.
Cheers for the heads up on the firing order, guess that means my awesome intake cam made for the '05 engine won’t work then http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Toytech99
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I am also looking for a couple R6 CAD models. We will be doing some precision machine work and are in need of an acurate Model for a 2006 - 2010 R6. We are also doing some work requiring an acurate model for a 2003 - 20005 R6 or 2006-2009 R6S engine. If anyone has access to these models we would apriciate the help. Also, we were wondering if anyone has been able to get CAD modles directly from Yamaha?

Regards,

Chad

Tobinator
09-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Hello there,

A lot of people ask the same questions here, and so do I. Does anyone of you have a scan of a 2003 Yamaha R6 engine? I looking for such model this countless hours without any results. Would be great if someone of you could supply us with a (more or less) detailed 3D Scan.

Best regards from Germany.

Tobias

PS: If possible please send it to tobias.steffen@mainfranken-racing.de

Spetsnazos
09-17-2010, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tobinator:
Hello there,

A lot of people ask the same questions here, and so do I. Does anyone of you have a scan of a 2003 Yamaha R6 engine? I looking for such model this countless hours without any results. Would be great if someone of you could supply us with a (more or less) detailed 3D Scan.

Best regards from Germany.

Tobias

PS: If possible please send it to tobias.steffen@mainfranken-racing.de </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might be able to get this for you. I'll let you know in a few days.

Tobinator
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
This would be very great. Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Tobias