PDA

View Full Version : Ktm exc unable to start

M.Aboelfadl
07-03-2015, 01:02 PM
This is mohamed aboelfadl the electronics guy from Cairo university team

KTM exc 450 2012 is having issues trying to start. We checked the spark and injectors but they work once during crancking then they stop. We are using the stock control unit along with the stock wiring harness

We tried the following procedures:

Hooking to a diagnosis tool showed good rpm.
Changed pulser coil but the same issue.
Trying our ecu on another bike and it worked.
Manually actuating injectors and ignition through diagnosis tool they worked successfully.
Checking all fuses and grounds.

We are now suspecting the stator or rectifier as the last problem?
We tried removing the rectifier but there was no spark at all.

Any suggestions to try?

P^squared
07-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Stock wiring harnesses generally have plenty of sensors, and other stuff that is useful on the bike, but not on our car. They may not even control anything on the engine at all !
Try checking the rest of the wiring as well, which isn't related to the combustion process.
I don't know much about the 450, but see if you have stuff like the side-stand sensor, rollover sensor, etc. etc.

Ahmad Rezq
07-06-2015, 08:20 AM
The problem was in the crank sensor and the guys fixed it.

viewfelt
07-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Can you tell me what type of sensor is used with crank in your engine?

M.Aboelfadl
07-07-2015, 09:33 AM
The sensor type was a VR sensor, The problem wasn't the sensor it was the gap between the sensor and the trigger wheel which was longer than the default distance.

viewfelt
07-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Can you explain me what is the use of VR sensor with crank, and how is it useful?

apalrd
07-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Can you explain me what is the use of VR sensor with crank, and how is it useful?

http://bfy.tw/iyU should help you a lot.