PDA

View Full Version : MatLAB and Dynatune

mcWesley
03-14-2015, 03:54 PM
I am Charles mcWesley from Covenant University. I am designing the suspension system for a Formula One car and i want to know the difference between MatLab Software and Dynatune

Jonny Rochester
03-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Hi Charles. It seams you have written a joke post. Lets take it back a few steps. How about just forgetting all software and F1 contracts for a second and take it back to pencil and paper.

I would love to see more sketches on this forum. Give us your 2019 F1 concepts, please.

Pat Clarke
03-14-2015, 08:56 PM
mcWesley,

I assume you mean 'Suspension system for a Formula STUDENT car'?
I understand you are in Nigeria. There are no FSAE or FS events in Africa at present, so which event does your team intend to enter?

Your question is so basic that Jonny has already suggested you are trying to be funny. But this is not funny!

How can you posssibly 'design a suspension system' using any software with your current lack of knowledge and understanding?

I suggest you use your internet access and that wonderful search engine Google to learn something about FS cars. There are literally millions of technical articles and pictures of cars on the web and you can learn from these by simply asking yourself "Why did they do that"? Just searching the archives on this site will result in a host of knowledge.

But, Like Jonny, I would like to see some sketches of your suspension ideas.

Pat Clarke

mcWesley
03-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Can you help me out or not?

mcWesley
03-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Comment if you can help me out.Thank you

JT A.
03-15-2015, 05:19 PM
What do you find when you go to www.google.com, type in "Matlab", and click search?

What happens when you do the same for "dynatune".

Nobody is going to help you unless you make an effort to help yourself first. You haven't even bothered to figure out what type of car you're designing.

Claude Rouelle
03-16-2015, 01:48 PM
"Can you help me out or not?"

Unless you make your own efforts to introduce yourself and first tell us what YOU think what the ideal software should be and why, I guess the answer is NO.

Surely not of you want to design a "Formula One car"

Come on Charles, in terms of introduction and communication you can do better.

Kevin Hayward
03-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Charles

Matlab - General purpose programming language, designed around fast processing of matrices. Something that you use to make your own programs.

Dynatune - Excel based calculations, specific for cars.

Two very different styles of programs, and approaches to the problem, hence no simple answer is possible.

Frankly this is much more help than your questions warrant. While I do not share Claude and Pat's insistence on detailed introductions I couldn't agree more on the issue of big open ended questions that show little effort in trying to learn on your own. If you look at the approach taken by Christian Challiner and Johnny Rochester you will find that the amount of helpful advice and direction that forum members are prepared to offer is impressive. Please note that Christian and Johnny share details of what they are designing and the thought processes behind it. Makes for some of the more interesting posts on this forum.

A lot of this information you are particularly looking for is being discussed in an already existing and active post entitled: Suspension Geometry Analysis.

Kev

mcWesley
03-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Thanks, I will look at the posts on Suspension Geometry Analysis. I will ask more questions and share my ideas as i go further.