PDA

View Full Version : the length of bell crank arm

xiaolu
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Hi, everyone I am now facing a problem I don't know how to calculate our bell crank arm length. Our suspension geometry is almost done but we don't know how to decide the dimension of the bell crank . Please help me. Thanks a lot

JT A.
01-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Hi, everyone I am now facing a problem I don't know how to calculate our bell crank arm length. Our suspension geometry is almost done but we don't know how to decide the dimension of the bell crank . Please help me. Thanks a lot

How did you decide any of the other dimensions in your suspension?

Pat Clarke
01-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Xiaolu,

Why are you using bellcranks? If you cannot calculate the motion ratios, then you shouldnt be using bellcranks!

Also, it would be nice to tell us which team you represent and what competition you are preparing for!

Pat Clarke

TiJei
01-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Forces in the connection points, required bearing sizes, component stress and nonlinearity of motion ratio vs. Suspension travel are aspects I would consider.

Meer
01-29-2015, 01:50 PM
It is just Geometry. Find the points in space that satisfy your desired motion ratio.
http://www.fsae.com/forums/showthread.php?11937-The-steps-for-design-the-bell-cranks&highlight=design+bell+crank