PDA

View Full Version : SES enquiry

Karam El Hady
01-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm from Egypt and am doing the frame on our first FSAE car build.

that's my first time to fill SES form

I have some questions about the number of members classified as main hoop bracing supports and bulkhead supports that must be written in the form

I uploaded some pictures of these sections and I hope to help me

I see that the number of front hoop bracing supports is 4 and the number of bulkhead supports is 7 is my view is right
thanks in advance

Karam
Mansoura formula student
Mansoura,Egypt

Adam Farabaugh
01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
I asked a similar front bulkhead question to the rules committee. With the info they gave me, I think this is how they would interpret your FBS:
red are upper and lower members, yellow are "diagonal for triangulation". It looks like you are fine as long as they are the correct thicknesses and the upper member attaches to FRH less than 2" below upper SIS.

Of course the only real way to know is to ask them/submit the SES and wait for feedback.

Michael Royce
01-30-2015, 06:14 PM
Karem,
Adam is correct.

In terms of how many tubes do you put down in your SES, for the Main Hoop Bracing Support, the Side Impact System, the Front Hoop Bracing or the Front Bulkhead Support, you put down the number of separate load paths there are, even if that load path is made up of multiple tubes.

For the Main Hoop Bracing Support, you need 2 load paths from the bottom of the Main Hoop Bracing, one to the junction of the Upper Side Impact Tube and the Main hoop and the other to the bottom of the Main Hoop. All the tubes in these loads paths must be 1.00" x 0.049" or better. In your picture, the load path to the Upper SIS point is obvious. The load path to the bottom of the Main Hoop goes rearwards from the end of the first load path, and then diagonally forwards to the bottom of the Main Hoop. In your picture, you enter 2 tubes because you have 2 load paths.

The same thing applies to the Side Impact System. Often the lower load path is made up of 2 tubes, and the diagonal can be a vee or inverted vee. However, on the SES, you only put down 1 for the Upper tube, one for the Lower tube and 1 for the Diagonal.

Etc.

Michael Royce.

Karam El Hady
01-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Adam & Michael

thanks for your interest :)