PDA

View Full Version : Adams Car

mecwill
12-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Hello,
I'm Radu from TUIasi Racing and I come with a question, if anyone knows to answer.
I'm trying to make a request i can't seem to understand to do this.
I want to make a plot with the yaw velocity response to see the value of stability factor k (+US NS -OV) . On x axis i need forward velocity - easy; the hard part is to make for the other axis one variable value that would be a small calculation; a request with the following: yaw velocity/ front wheels steer angle (i'll need to create a function or a subroutine but i have no idea how i should do this).
Or, is this really necessary? Or is another quick way to analyze the behavior of the car?
Thanks for help

Claude Rouelle
12-16-2014, 12:40 AM
And who are you?

mecwill
12-16-2014, 02:41 AM
Sorry for an improper and incomplete introduction.
I am Radu.
Member of TUIasi Racing, Romania. Representing Gheorghe Asachi University
We want to participate the following year with our 2nd car in fsae competition.
I am responsable for the car dynamics. hope to succed in designing a good dynamics.

I am close to finnish it..hope - few more things i need to analyse with the steer behaviour of the car - just to know the stiffness needed for the axles suspension and arb, and n-line inclination front the tire contact patch etc. I think I understand good the things I need to analyse and to change in order to have a proper suspension system for the fsae aplication. With some DOEs I think it will take less time to pass trough iterations than other ways, but for this is will need some plots; maybe its possible to exchange information with excel - extract values from plots in adams and introduce them in excel to build the desired plots, but i guess it will take a while.

Hope the requested help its not time consuming.

BillCobb
12-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Just run ISO Constant Radius test procedure. Take data to Excel. Make these plots. Use attractive colors. Take rest of day off.