PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cost Report

Simactive
03-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone. All right so I've been trying to find an answer to my simple question hunt through the forums, but I can't. It's probably a very simple answer but:

What is the purpose of the Item Order and way does it increase in 10's? All I can see is count the each operation and such, but I just want to make sure it isn't referencing to the table cell numbers of each Process.

Thanks. ( Sorry if this is really simple =( )

DanielH
03-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey Simactive,

From what i understand, this is standard practice in engineering when writing tasks and processes. The reason they go up by 10 is so you can add/describe another process between the two. So say later i want to add sub-step i can put a 15 and not have to renumber the whole thing.

One way i can see it being useful in the cost report is if you were to make an addendum you could insert a number without modifying the original numbering. This would make it easier to see the difference.

I hope this answers your question.

If someone has a better explanation for this, please feel free to let us know.

Simactive
03-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Hey Daniel,

Thanks, that is what I am seeing the more I go through the cost report. I've been working on it for a while and it takes a long time.

Cheers!

MCoach
03-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Can confirm, this is standard in real world manufacturing. All operations increment in 10s as you move from one type of operation to the next.

Example to make a diff housing:

Op10: Rough turning (OD)
Op20: Rough face turning
Op30: Finish turning (OD)
Op40: Rough boring (ID)
OP50: Finish boring (ID)
Op60: B-axis drilling holes
Op70: Power tap holes
OP80: Tumble part
Op90: Color Anodize (red)
Op100: Install studs

And that's all there is to it. :)

Simactive
03-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Mcoach: OooOOOOoOo Fancy times. Good to know this skill will come in handy somewhere. Lets hope I'll get a job where I can use all my knowledge!

Thanks for the example it helped!

MaciekS1600
05-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how it is with Add Item Requests? Old e-mail adress for this does not work, standard procedure requires our team on the list on http://fsaeonline.com/CreateAccount.aspx during registration CdsWeb account, while our team is a second-year-one. Could anyone help? Shall we send AIRs to all competitions separately?

Thanks
Maciej Sidorowicz