PDA

View Full Version : roll hoop

samadhan
03-08-2014, 04:59 AM
I cant get rule no. T3.5.5 about hoop. Please help. Thanks

Pat Clarke
03-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Samadhan,

Firstly, who are you. Good manners means you should introduce yourself before asking for help.

Secondly, what 'don't you get' about the rule? Please be more specific if you want a useful answer.

Pat Clarke

The_Man
03-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Samadhan,

Firstly, your question. The rule says that if you have a bent tube (that is not one of the roll hoops) then you need to support the point on the bend where the tube deviates the most from the line joining the two ends. The member supporting this point must be the same as the bent tube and the other end must be a chassis node. I have quickly sketched an ugly diagram to help you out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a9r9kjcinkbolv/Scribble%20Pad_5.jpg?m=

You will also find a related discussion on this forum here -
http://www.fsae.com/forums/showthread.php?11537-Chassis-Triangulation-Doubt

Secondly, fsae.com is a community and not a service. We are very welcoming to new fresh engineers here and people are willing to take exceptional amounts of time to answer your queries. The reason you did not receive an answer to your question for so long is that you did not introduce yourself. You did not ask the question you have clearly and that came across as rude. I am sure you did not intend to be rude, but it is important to be considerate sometimes. People here are a community that is driven by a common passion. The least you can be is appreciative of it. SO next time you post a question please search the forum to see if someone has asked it already. Second, frame a well defined question that is unique and clear. I will help you, because you will get people to answer you quicker.

Claude Rouelle
03-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Advice by a former Indian student who knows FSAE / FS to an Indian student about how to ask questions and introduce yourself in this forum

Thanks! I like that. There are no better persons than Indians to understand and advise other Indians. Here we go.

samadhan
03-10-2014, 04:36 AM
So sorry that i did not introduce myself, i am Samadhan from Pune,India participating first time in Supra. Our doubt cleared u all, thank u so much!

Jonny Rochester
03-10-2014, 06:33 AM
There's no need to be so hard on the guy. Just answer the question, or don't.

Pat Clarke
03-10-2014, 09:05 AM
There's no need to be so hard on the guy. Just answer the question, or don't.

Johnny, when you have been here a little while, you will understand!

Pat

Jonny Rochester
03-11-2014, 04:40 AM
I have been on other forums. I have been a moderator on other forums. It's all the same, seen it many times.

Respect will eventually be given to the one answering the questions, not the one asking him to ask a different question.

JWard
03-11-2014, 05:24 AM
I have been on other forums. I have been a moderator on other forums. It's all the same, seen it many times.

Respect will eventually be given to the one answering the questions, not the one asking him to ask a different question.

Quoted for truth.

Putting vast amounts of energy into telling the OP that his one liner is not OK and he should do x y z and show respect for a b and x etc etc, is counter productive at times in my opinion. Look above. "OK, thanks, doubt cleared. thankuall. one1!"

I don't want to discourage anyone from using the board, but not seeing a response to your "urgent" thread and continuing intelligent discussion on other threads, is a good motivator to work out why your question didn't raise similar interest. I agree with the reply or ignore motto. If you really have to scorn these posts though, I personally think a basic reply to the question followed by an apathetic link to the "First post?" sticky is best.

Pat Clarke
03-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Johnny, when you have been here a little while, you will understand!

Pat

The_Man
03-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Samadhan,

Thanks. I hope my comments do not deter you from asking more questions in the future. That was not my intention, if fact my intention is quite the opposite. The only thing I wanted to point out is that it would help everybody if you are more clear and less brief. We all love an engineering discussion here.

Best of luck for your project. Hope to see you at a competition.

Johnny,

I understand your concerns and I was not trying to be rude to the guy. I understand that short, ambiguous comments and questions on forums are common but what we are trying to do here is help the help seekers out by making their questions more elaborate and discussion oriented. I would not ideally reply to such messages, like on other forums as well and because of the low responses such questions would disappear. However, these guys are genuinely looking for help and are not trolls, it's just that they are may be not well versed with using forums like this one.