PDA

View Full Version : GSXR600 and Motec

jjmaia
03-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to configure this engine (2005 model) with an Motec ECU.
As you can see in the attachment, the REF and SYNC signals occur at the same time, and the ECU doesn't seem to like it, do you have any experience with these that you can share? I would prefer avoiding to alter the pin in the cam...

Regarding the SYNC signal, it has some noise, as you can see, is there any way to filter it? I would also prefer to avoid replacing it with a Hall sensor...

Thank you all for your hep :)

Kirk Feldkamp
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
There's a big ol' long thread about this exact topic on the forum somewhere. If you want to run batch fire, it's not a big deal, if you want to run sequential, then it is a big deal. You can clearly see that the two events line up, so the "which cycle am I on?" algorithm is going to get confused because it doesn't know which cycle to apply the sync event to. I think they recommend some +- value in the sofware (hit F1 while looking at the REF/SYNC mode parameter). And I quote from Mode 7 (two missing teeth twice per cycle):

"The SYNC Signal must provide one active edge for every engine cycle
(720 degrees of crank rotation on a 4 stroke engine). This edge must
be positioned to happen 180 +/- 70 degrees of crank rotation before
the Index Tooth for TDC cylinder 1 compression stroke."

Honestly, moving the cam pin should take you less than an hour if you've done it before, and maybe a few hours if you haven't. It's really not hard! :)

-Kirk

jjmaia
03-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Thank you for your help :)

jjmaia
06-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Hello,

I'm having a new problem and I can't find a way to fix it.
I need to know what connector the engine sensors and actuators use so i can make a brand new wiring loom.

The problem is that I can't find it anywhere, i would appreciate some help.
Thank you.

Kirk Feldkamp
06-20-2014, 12:14 AM
They're probably Sumitomos. Don't waste your time trying to find them. Even if you do find them, the minimum purchase quantity will probably be outrageous. It's generally advisable to pigtail sensor connections in an application like this. If you need to, buy an extra OE loom used off of eBay or from a wrecking yard and clip off the connectors you need. You can either solder crimp them and shrink over them in the new harness, or just pigtail them with a connector you can source more easily. Deustch DT and DTM connectors are usually what I use to accomplish this.

jd74914
06-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Kirk's suggestion is good if you can't get or don't want to find the connectors, but they are available in part quantities. We have been buying them new and integrating into our harnesses for a few years.

Eastern Beaver ($20 min order) or Ballinger Motorsports both carry most Sumitomo connectors used by Suzuki.

Links:
h t t p : / / w w w .easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/sealed.html
h t t p : / / w w w .bmotorsports.com/shop/index.php/cPath/109_110?osCsid=qtqaektrnsf048rccptuv2mii6

spyro
06-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm actually using a GSXR600 k5 engine in mode 7 and crip 104.9. No problems at all, both M84 and M400 are running well.