PDA

View Full Version : FS Germany Quiz

Sud600
01-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Hello All,
I represent an aspiring Indian formula student team called Team OJAS. Since FSG Quiz is coming up soon, we wanted to train ourselves to crack the quiz. I tried googling the mock papers, but couldn't find any. Can someone please post a link to the mock FSG quiz papers or previous years quiz papers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sudharshun I
Team Ojas

BeunMan
01-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Sudharshun,

That used to be at http://testregistry.formulastudent.de/ but I can't access it due to not being a team captain (you need to be team captain) so there is no way to check it for you.

Good luck.

Sud600
01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi,
Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.

Luniz
01-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Hi Sudharshun,

you've probably come across Tobias Michaels' blog during your search, in case you haven't here is the link: http://tobiasmic.blogspot.de/2014/01/the-fsg-registrationrules-quiz-things.html

Near the bottom of the blog post there are links to previous registration quizzes, you need to create an account on the FSG website to be able to see them.

BeunMan
01-06-2014, 04:01 AM
If you want to go full-contingency: Use multiple internet connections for the different logins you can use. We used two different subnets across our university network and another 3g phone connection for backup. Just in case multiple would fail at the moment you submitted your quiz. Probably a bit too much but you don't want to work half a year on a car and fail on the internet connection during your quiz.

Like Tobias says: "6) MAKE SURE TO USE A PROPER INFRASTRUCTURE TO COMBINE YOUR RESOURCES AND HAVE A PLAN B, IF YOUR PRIMARY SOLUTION FAILS."

Sud600
01-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Thank you Luniz and Beunman.

Sud600
01-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Hi,
Everyone who replied, thank you for your help!! Your links were very useful and helped us a lot in the FS Germany quiz. Its good to see how these competition brings us all together and increases the brotherhood between us. The team definitely has got closer than ever before after the way we constructively solved the quiz. Thank you everyone for your help once again

Luniz
01-15-2014, 02:07 AM
So Where did you end up?

Sud600
01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Waiting list 9 when the quiz got over. I am sure we won't clear the list, but still it was fun. Preparing for FSA now. Hope to clear that. And what about your team?

mech5496
01-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Speaking of FSA, did anyone notice the fiasco with the electric teams quiz? It is a shame for great competitions to make such childish mistakes, it is even worse to penalize teams that know the correct answers...

Sud600
01-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Yes mech5496, we were very depressed after the quiz because we could not complete the quiz. We never thought that easy question could be wrong. Later in the night, surprisingly we were short listed among the selected teams. We were happy for some time only to find that there will be a re-quiz. Depressed to happy and then to sad in no time. :P