PDA

View Full Version : Ethanol Simulation in Wave

Drew Darling
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I am trying to run a simulation of a Honda F4i burning ethanol in Ricardo Wave in order to compare it to our current setup. Our model of an F4i running on the indolene.fue fuel file yields similar results to what is seen during a dyno pull and should be a good baseline comparison. Where I am hung up is how to change the fuel file to 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol. If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Drew Darling
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I am trying to run a simulation of a Honda F4i burning ethanol in Ricardo Wave in order to compare it to our current setup. Our model of an F4i running on the indolene.fue fuel file yields similar results to what is seen during a dyno pull and should be a good baseline comparison. Where I am hung up is how to change the fuel file to 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol. If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris M
11-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Drew

Go to the general parameters panel in the simulations menu. You should have indolene selected as the fuel down the bottom of the panel. Press the 'tag' button to change the fuel, and E85 should be listed as an option.

I'm running version 8.0, so I'm not sure if it's there on earlier versions or not.

Hope this helps.

Chris

ibanezplayer
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
If you are working with wave I suggest you go through the tutorials, ALL of the tutorials. Otherwise you will end up chasing your tail in circles later on when you try to do something more complicated...

To change the fuel file wave is referencing you go to the general parameters tab(under the simulation drop down menu at the top) at the bottom you should find a section that should currently read "INDOLENE". To change that to E85 is simple, Ricardo was nice enough to create a template fuel. Simply click the yellow "tag" button, and then "E85".

Out of curiosity did you build this model? Because I just checked, and the first tutorial, step 1.2 goes through this.....

EDIT: that'll teach me to type slow

ash32
04-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm running ver 7 could anyone with ver 8 please send me the E85.fue file to s3237888@student.rmit.edu.au