PDA

View Full Version : Dry sump pump manufacturers (Pace in particular)

Jersey Tom
05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
For those of you who have run dry sumps this year, I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been with pump makers.

We got our 2-stage scavenge pump from Pace in England this year, and used the F4i's internal pressure pump.

The turnaround time to get that pump was outrageous. Months.. when our engine guy (reflexdb) gets back on Tuesday I'm sure he can give a more accurate estimation.

Obviously being in Colorado and them in England made communication a little difficult, but any time we'd call them it would be hard to get a straight answer on what the status of our order was.

Similar stories? Better service from somewhere else?

Jersey Tom
05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
For those of you who have run dry sumps this year, I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been with pump makers.

We got our 2-stage scavenge pump from Pace in England this year, and used the F4i's internal pressure pump.

The turnaround time to get that pump was outrageous. Months.. when our engine guy (reflexdb) gets back on Tuesday I'm sure he can give a more accurate estimation.

Obviously being in Colorado and them in England made communication a little difficult, but any time we'd call them it would be hard to get a straight answer on what the status of our order was.

Similar stories? Better service from somewhere else?

Grant Mahler
05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
We are using stock Suzuki LTR-450, which includes a full dry-sump. But...I don't think that helps you at all.

B Hise
05-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Dailey engineering.

Great parts, american, fast.

-Bryan

formula_wally
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
We race 2-stage pace this year, and in 2005. Integration with the oil pan got a lot better this year, standing off the mounts for the pace's from the pan, and direct channeling of the scavenge lines. It was pretty light and easy this year, though our puke bottles told a different story.

There is a little trick with setting them up in pair-ed co-syncronized, and we ended up adding the seperator plate. More summer testing will tell how well the system runs with the new pan setup.

Beatle
05-25-2007, 01:17 AM
We had a lot of problems with Pace this year, mainly the pump they sold us was suppose to have
two scavange stages and one supply stage without their internal pressure relieve valve (we needed a remote prv due to packaging reasons). What we got was two scavange stages and a supply stage that had a big hole in the wall leading back to the scavange stages. This means that we were supplying the engine, the turbo, and the pump itself with oil. We had to put it on the mill, pocket it out and make a plate to patch it up just so we could run it. Im a little curious as to why Pace thought it would be ok to sell us this, but it doesnt matter because we will certainly be going with another maker in the future.

Dallas Blake
05-25-2007, 05:36 AM
we use a dual stage pump from razor performance. great service, great price, the pump got here in 5 days and email response is about a day. overall im very impressed.

Marshall Grice
05-25-2007, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dailey engineering.

-Bryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that exactly describes our experience with Dailey also.

Maverik
05-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Sorry to hear of your guys problem's with Pace, we have been running one of their pumps for 4 years now and never had a problem with customer service/orders/help. Even orders expected to take 6-8 weeks have gotten here in one week. I have heard great things about Dailey though.

Jersey Tom
05-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Who was your point of contact at Pace? We had Neil.. guy would literally never read/return emails, and we'd try calling them at 8-9am their time (some stupid early hour here in CO) and he'd rarely be around.. couldnt answer questions on order status.. pump took forever to get here. Was sad times.

Oli_Zerodriver
05-28-2007, 01:49 PM
An argument to the contrary really, used Pace quite a bit on placement with Castrol and found them to be excellent, particularly Niel. Have subsequentially used them for a rad for our FS car and had no problems, they even fast tracked the order for us.

Maverik
05-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey, Neil was definitely the guy I have worked with the past 4 years. I missed him once or twice, but always took it with a grain of salt since I was calling at 2 am.

Jersey Tom
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Weird. Had very poor luck getting any email responses back from him, and this last semester a good number of the times we did stay up and call, wasnt around.

R/TErnie
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm using a Peterson dry sump on a Time Attack STi that I'm building. The Dry sump system was quickly delivered. 6.5 quart resevoir w/3 stage pump.

Kurt Bilinski
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marshall Grice:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dailey engineering.

-Bryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that exactly describes our experience with Dailey also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He worked at our company some time back. Good guy.

Marshall Grice
06-14-2007, 07:59 AM
"our company"? which company would that be?

Kurt Bilinski
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
www.uav.com (http://www.uav.com)
We make the Predator UAV.