PDA

View Full Version : wheel packaging and drive shafts pics

Fahad Muhammad
03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey everyone...being a first year team we are facing some difficulties in analyzing the installation of half shafts and its compatibility with wheel..i would highly appreciate if any one of you who can mail me or post pics of the packaging.
my email id is fahad_undisputed@hotmail.com

Ken_D
03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
*sigh* I'm quite sure that all of 5 seconds of searching either this forum, or google, would turn up more pictures than you could ever need.

Past that, if you still can't put in the minimum amount of effort to even get that far, I'd recommend dropping the project entirely, since no one is going to hand you answers like this, and you don't seem to want to put in the hours yourself. Teams spend many hours figuring things like this out, there's no 'correct' setup, just whatever works best with your car. I strongly suggest that if you want to compete (or even finish a car) that you get used to doing all this on your own.

I realize this likely comes off as bitter/angry, but come on now, this is ridiculous.

Fahad Muhammad
03-22-2011, 12:30 PM
i really appreciate....let me correct you first i have spent hours and days on this project Google is something that i used to open in every 2 minutes. the only purpose for posting this is that to get some professional inputs and some sound pictures of the team that previously participated.... hitherto i am unable to find proper pictures of wheel packaging but any ways thank you http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BMEP
03-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Ken_D:
*sigh* I'm quite sure that all of 5 seconds of searching either this forum, or google, would turn up more pictures than you could ever need.

Past that, if you still can't put in the minimum amount of effort to even get that far, I'd recommend dropping the project entirely, since no one is going to hand you answers like this, and you don't seem to want to put in the hours yourself. Teams spend many hours figuring things like this out, there's no 'correct' setup, just whatever works best with your car. I strongly suggest that if you want to compete (or even finish a car) that you get used to doing all this on your own.

I realize this likely comes off as bitter/angry, but come on now, this is ridiculous.

These search rant posts sure do get annoying, if you don't intend to try and help out why do you even post.

SNasello
03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
There are thousands of pictures of other formula sae cars from past years floating around on these forums and on team websites. It may require some looking for what you actually need but you can definitly find them.

Also try the competition websites, FSG posts lots of pictures. It will take you a LOT of time to go through them to find what you are looking for. Time that could probably be better spent coming up with a design on your own.

The AFX Master
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BMEP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken_D:

These search rant posts sure do get annoying, if you don't intend to try and help out why do you even post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just the same as the handout requests...

scotty young Taylor Race
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Fuhad,

Shoot me an e mail , I can help you with the basic lay out. Diff to upright , and all the little tid bits in-between......

scotty
scotty@taylor-race.com