PDA

View Full Version : ProEngineer: Variable Section Sweep

jmcotski
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know how to do a variable section sweep really well in ProE? Or does anyone know where to go for a good tutorial on ProE? I'm trying to do a sweep that goes around a semi-circle in the shape of a box. I want it to start out with a wide box, then go skinner towards the first curve, and then go back out to the original width after the second curve. Any help would be great, I'm really frustrated from this whole thing.

jmcotski
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know how to do a variable section sweep really well in ProE? Or does anyone know where to go for a good tutorial on ProE? I'm trying to do a sweep that goes around a semi-circle in the shape of a box. I want it to start out with a wide box, then go skinner towards the first curve, and then go back out to the original width after the second curve. Any help would be great, I'm really frustrated from this whole thing.

C Z
10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
if you're using 2001 I can maybe give you something that will help. Wildfire will be similar but different.

e-mail me directly at zellersc@hotmail.com

BeaverGuy
10-16-2006, 10:10 PM
they have some links to tutorials for variable section sweeps here. (http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=159640&page=6)

Though it sounds like you might be able to do what you want with a rotational blend.

Parker
10-16-2006, 10:25 PM
thats what I'm thinking. rotational blends can be as easy or as complex as you want them.