PDA

View Full Version : Claude Rouelle's Vehicle Dynamics Seminar

OptimumG
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Claude Rouelle's Vehicle Dynamics Seminar is on again at the following dates and locations:

United Kingdom (3-Day Seminar)
Date: Nov 26-28
Location: St Catherine's College, Bernard Sunley Building (Room D), Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UJ, UK
Student Price: $735.00 USD (full price $1,435.00 USD)

North America (3-Day Seminar)
Date: Dec 9-11
Location: Rosen Plaza Hotel, 9700 International Drive, Orlando FL
Student Price: $550.00 USD (full price $1,250.00 USD)

Australia (FSAE Seminar)
Date: Dec 17-19
Location: RMIT Bundoora East Campus, Building 253 Room 2, Corner of Plenty Rd and McKimmies Rd, Bundoora 3083, VIC
Student Price: $450.00 USD (this is a student-only seminar)

With the exception of the FSAE Seminar in Melbourne, students wishing to attend the 3-Day Seminars will have to first send an email to engineering@optimumg.com providing the following information:

- Name and role in team
- FSAE Team Name
- University Name and Location
- Name of the course/degree which you are currently undertaking
- Proof that you are a currently enrolled student, such as a class timetable

Upon verification of the email, you will be provided with a discount code, which you can then proceed to register online at www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com) and obtain the student discount price for the respective 3-Day seminar that you choose.

Discount rates are applicable to both 3-Day and FSAE Seminars for students who register in groups of three or more people. Please send an email to engineering@optimumg.com, stating the name and email address of EACH participant, along with the details listed above. Each participant will then be sent an email containing the discount code.

SEMINAR OVERVIEW

If you are looking for the best possible design and performance for your FSAE car, or you are seeking a future in the racing or automotive industry, the 3-Day Seminar and FSAE Seminar gives you the opportunity to do just that.
During the seminar, you will not only learn about the science and the math of racecar design and performance, but also "the tips and tricks" which affect your car's handling. I would love to share with you my 30 years of experience in Formula Ford, European Touring Car Championship, Formula 3, Formula 3000 in Europe and Japan, Formula 1 and Champcar, as the president of my race car engineering consulting company (several of our employees are former FSAE participants) and as an FSAE design judge.

WHAT IS DISCUSSED?

Lateral and longitudinal tire grip VS slip angle, slip ratio, vertical load, pressure, camber and temperature, tire rolling resistance, camber change, bump and roll steer, Ackerman, antisquat and antidive, roll and pitch center definition and movement, CG measurements, ideal weight distribution, chassis torsion stiffness and chassis torsion damping, motion ratio, natural and damped frequency, weight transfer in steady state and transient, "magic numbers", moment of inertia in roll, pitch and yaw measurements and how to use these numbers to tune the car, shock tuning, brake balance, shock speed histogram, minimal and ideal data acquisition hardware..... and anything else you wish to discuss.

I guarantee you that you will learn in 3 days (3 very intensive days! From 8:00 AM to probably late at night) more than you can get in any racing books. I also guarantee you that I will answer all of your questions - but you will also get out of there with more question than you came with!

A comprehensive, well-organized binder containing more than 600 pages of explanatory text and illustrative diagrams will be given to each participant. Several examples of setup, data, and practical experience (some successful some disastrous) will be shown and given as illustrations. This seminar has been given to many professionals in the racing industry such as Penske, Bridgestone and Ferrari F1 and will be available to FSAE students at the exceptionally low rates listed above, because we know you are part of the future of the industry and want to help you start your career.

For further enquiries or more information about OptimumG, please visit the website at www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com) or email engineering@optimumg.com.

ABOUT OPTIMUMG

Denver-based OptimumG LLC, founded in 1997, provides a single source for motorsport consulting, engineering, and decision support software products. The company's founder, Claude Rouelle, is a renowned racecar engineer and acclaimed international seminar leader. OptimumG's consulting clients have included teams in racing series around the world. The current roster includes the SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American LeMans Series, Grand American Rolex Sports Car Championship, and NASCAR Busch and Nextel Cup Series. Worldwide seminar clients include MoTeC, Ferrari, Michelin and DaimlerChrysler.
Add this valuable and well-respected seminar to your resume today and you will find a lot of doors opening up for you in the racing world.

Best regards,
Claude Rouelle
President
OptimumG, LLC
Tel: 1 303-752-1562 Fax: 1-303 368-0121
engineering@optimumg.com
www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com)

OptimumG
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Claude Rouelle's Vehicle Dynamics Seminar is on again at the following dates and locations:

United Kingdom (3-Day Seminar)
Date: Nov 26-28
Location: St Catherine's College, Bernard Sunley Building (Room D), Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UJ, UK
Student Price: $735.00 USD (full price $1,435.00 USD)

North America (3-Day Seminar)
Date: Dec 9-11
Location: Rosen Plaza Hotel, 9700 International Drive, Orlando FL
Student Price: $550.00 USD (full price $1,250.00 USD)

Australia (FSAE Seminar)
Date: Dec 17-19
Location: RMIT Bundoora East Campus, Building 253 Room 2, Corner of Plenty Rd and McKimmies Rd, Bundoora 3083, VIC
Student Price: $450.00 USD (this is a student-only seminar)

With the exception of the FSAE Seminar in Melbourne, students wishing to attend the 3-Day Seminars will have to first send an email to engineering@optimumg.com providing the following information:

- Name and role in team
- FSAE Team Name
- University Name and Location
- Name of the course/degree which you are currently undertaking
- Proof that you are a currently enrolled student, such as a class timetable

Upon verification of the email, you will be provided with a discount code, which you can then proceed to register online at www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com) and obtain the student discount price for the respective 3-Day seminar that you choose.

Discount rates are applicable to both 3-Day and FSAE Seminars for students who register in groups of three or more people. Please send an email to engineering@optimumg.com, stating the name and email address of EACH participant, along with the details listed above. Each participant will then be sent an email containing the discount code.

SEMINAR OVERVIEW

If you are looking for the best possible design and performance for your FSAE car, or you are seeking a future in the racing or automotive industry, the 3-Day Seminar and FSAE Seminar gives you the opportunity to do just that.
During the seminar, you will not only learn about the science and the math of racecar design and performance, but also "the tips and tricks" which affect your car's handling. I would love to share with you my 30 years of experience in Formula Ford, European Touring Car Championship, Formula 3, Formula 3000 in Europe and Japan, Formula 1 and Champcar, as the president of my race car engineering consulting company (several of our employees are former FSAE participants) and as an FSAE design judge.

WHAT IS DISCUSSED?

Lateral and longitudinal tire grip VS slip angle, slip ratio, vertical load, pressure, camber and temperature, tire rolling resistance, camber change, bump and roll steer, Ackerman, antisquat and antidive, roll and pitch center definition and movement, CG measurements, ideal weight distribution, chassis torsion stiffness and chassis torsion damping, motion ratio, natural and damped frequency, weight transfer in steady state and transient, "magic numbers", moment of inertia in roll, pitch and yaw measurements and how to use these numbers to tune the car, shock tuning, brake balance, shock speed histogram, minimal and ideal data acquisition hardware..... and anything else you wish to discuss.

I guarantee you that you will learn in 3 days (3 very intensive days! From 8:00 AM to probably late at night) more than you can get in any racing books. I also guarantee you that I will answer all of your questions - but you will also get out of there with more question than you came with!

A comprehensive, well-organized binder containing more than 600 pages of explanatory text and illustrative diagrams will be given to each participant. Several examples of setup, data, and practical experience (some successful some disastrous) will be shown and given as illustrations. This seminar has been given to many professionals in the racing industry such as Penske, Bridgestone and Ferrari F1 and will be available to FSAE students at the exceptionally low rates listed above, because we know you are part of the future of the industry and want to help you start your career.

For further enquiries or more information about OptimumG, please visit the website at www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com) or email engineering@optimumg.com.

ABOUT OPTIMUMG

Denver-based OptimumG LLC, founded in 1997, provides a single source for motorsport consulting, engineering, and decision support software products. The company's founder, Claude Rouelle, is a renowned racecar engineer and acclaimed international seminar leader. OptimumG's consulting clients have included teams in racing series around the world. The current roster includes the SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American LeMans Series, Grand American Rolex Sports Car Championship, and NASCAR Busch and Nextel Cup Series. Worldwide seminar clients include MoTeC, Ferrari, Michelin and DaimlerChrysler.
Add this valuable and well-respected seminar to your resume today and you will find a lot of doors opening up for you in the racing world.

Best regards,
Claude Rouelle
President
OptimumG, LLC
Tel: 1 303-752-1562 Fax: 1-303 368-0121
engineering@optimumg.com
www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com)

Patrick
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
The prices shown above are the student rates correct? I'm wondering if there is any discount associated with recently graduated FSAE guys/girls. I'm sure there are many alums like myself who were never able to make it to this seminar, but may now attend without the constraints of classes. According to your website the fee for non-students is ~$1250.00US... still fairly high for someone like myself who has only been working for a few weeks. Any chance this discounted price could be extended to recent grads of FSAE programs?

-Patrick
RPI Alum
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory

onemayonaise
09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
...yes, I am in the same situation: I graduated this year and I am still not working... so $1250,00 is quite a lot for me... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OptimumG
09-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Patrick and onemayonaise, graduated students will be evaluated on an individual basis. Please send us an email at engineering@optimumg.com, stating your details as mentioned in the first post, as well as your graduation date and if you are currently employed.

Thank you for your interest in the seminars.

Regards,

OptimumG
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Dear All,

The Seminar Venue in the UK and Australia has been updated.

Regards,