PDA

View Full Version : restrictor

farookio
01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
can any one tell me how to calculate velocity of air through restrictor(nozzel)

Will M
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Of all the topics discussed on this forum restrictor/intake design is perhaps second only to suspension design.
Please take a moment to look through the existing threads.

-William

dmacke
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
You could just use an anemometer and measure it.

TMichaels
01-28-2013, 12:52 AM
It is also very well documented in literature.

I sometimes wonder how some people posting in this forum are able to get their engineer's degree without someone holding their hand all the time.

JWard
01-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Tobias,

Hopefully this is a first year's question. Also... the scary reality is a vast number of people graduate without having done FS or any project work requiring such independent research / learning / application (i.e. thrown in the deep end to learn to swim). That's a scary thought.

Z
01-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Well, these noobs can't be that stupid.

This one managed to get a 5-star rating next to his thread, after only 4 replies!!!!!!!!!! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Z

Will M
01-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Z,

Even more impressive is that it had 5 stars with zero replies and zero views!

-William

Mbirt
01-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Sorry, Z. I'm guilty of sarcastically 5-starring threads like these. Hopefully merriment has been spread to the few that have caught on.

farookio
04-17-2013, 08:57 AM
tum sub chutie ho...!!!

jlangholzj
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JWard:
Tobias,

Hopefully this is a first year's question. Also... the scary reality is a vast number of people graduate without having done FS or any project work requiring such independent research / learning / application (i.e. thrown in the deep end to learn to swim). That's a scary thought.

Even a first year student should either have team members that he can ask the question on or faculty members that would be able to help. If the answer to both is no....there's something not right there.