PDA

View Full Version : Can we go without brake biasing?

Macbath_irevna
02-16-2013, 10:24 AM
We are beginners and participating for the first time. For brake biasing we are using balance bar, but i want to know that IF I DON'T GO WITH BIASING,then what are realistic effects (in sense of just our event ,i.e brake test qualification).

Since, Our wheel lock will be still possible without brake biasing then what is need of it.

Guidance and suggestions are welcome.

Cardriverx
02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Please read the rules better, I think you'll fine one mentioning something about having to run two independent hydraulic loops...

onemaniac
02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cardriverx:
Please read the rules better, I think you'll fine one mentioning something about having to run two independent hydraulic loops...
I think the OP meant two hydraulic loops without bias bar, so it still meets the rules.

Back to OP: if you have identical brake setup (including master cylinder and everything) front and rear without bias, the driver's pedal effort is wasted. It's either the front wheels don't lock up or the brake system is simply over sized.

if you don't want to use the typical bias bar setup, you can still balance the brakes by mixing different sizes of master cylinders, calipers, rotor diameters, line sizes or even the cg and wheel base. BUT I'd say it almost stupid not to use a bias bar because it's a really cheap, effective and an easy way to tune the brakes.

Dewi Griffiths
02-17-2013, 05:33 AM
We've designed our brake system this year in such a way that we theoretically don't need a balance bar, however we're still going to use one.

Realistically it's nowhere near the most complicated component of your car to design and make. So just go with it and use one.