PDA

View Full Version : ansys revolute joint

clark
11-16-2010, 08:05 AM
to conduct our TR test with suspension components mounted on it i need to model bellcrank. revolute element is suitable but i am not able to use it on beam elements which comprises our chassis elements. and A arms are given link8 element. im using ansys classic .how to join bellcranks to beams of chassis????

clark
11-16-2010, 08:05 AM
to conduct our TR test with suspension components mounted on it i need to model bellcrank. revolute element is suitable but i am not able to use it on beam elements which comprises our chassis elements. and A arms are given link8 element. im using ansys classic .how to join bellcranks to beams of chassis????

Neil_Roberts
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
A beam end release value of zero for all 3 rotational degrees of freedom produces a spherical bearing joint in an FEA model. You will need to do that at every suspension pivot, not just the bellcranks.

clark
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil_Roberts:
A beam end release value of zero for all 3 rotational degrees of freedom produces a spherical bearing joint in an FEA model. You will need to do that at every suspension pivot, not just the bellcranks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but for bellcrank we need to constraint 3 translational and two rotational Dof . i got ur answer for a Arms pivot. thanks.but for bell crank i guess we need to use revolute joint. and how to join it to beam elements?

billywight
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Use a beam end release, but only release the DOF you don't want to constrain. You will need your beam reference coordinate system to be related to the belcrank rotation axis. Check the help file under end release.

clark
11-17-2010, 04:46 AM
billy the problem is that u can apply end release to a node only. but beam 189 is a 3 node element.. and how can we relate both co ordinate systems in ansys's language (i mean in interface of software?)

GianVioli
11-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Billy is right.

After you have selected the coordinate system, i would recommend to use some "cmsel","/get" and "cerig" to constrin the propper DOF.