PDA

View Full Version : softwares

Renato
01-12-2008, 08:12 AM
hello

Does anyone know a good software to make electrical diagrams??

screwdriver
01-13-2008, 05:31 AM
If you haven't got money to spend, there's TinyCad. It's not the best I've seen but it should do, if you don't want to spend any money.
http://tinycad.sourceforge.net

If you have money to spend, there's quite a list for you to look at:

For little money there's Eagle, which is the the way to go for small business use. (It's availible as freeware but has some limitations in the freeware version)
http://www.cadsoftusa.com/

For more money you should look at either of these:
* P-Spice and the likes
* National Iinstruments Multisim & Ultiboard

Steve O
01-13-2008, 08:59 AM
It depends on what your purpose is. If you are just trying to make a schematic, there are plenty of freeware programs out there that could be found in a simple search on a download site. If your purpose is for PSpice simulations, you need a program that is capable of doing this. Cadence/Orcad CAPTURE CIS will do this. You can get a demo which supports up to 60 components and after that will not simulate... of course if your purpose is only to make a schematic, this does not matter and will do the job for free. If you need to create a schematic netlist for PCB layout cadence and eagle offer pcb layout options (cadence calls their program LAYOUT which accepts netlists from CAPTURE). However, from my experience Eagle is a far better program for layout editing which can be most likely attributed to the fact that layout editing is eagles primary function (EAGLE = Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor). The freeware version of eagle limits the size of board you can layout and the schematic editor limits you to 1 sheet only per file. If you purpose is not for PCB layout I would probably favor Cadence due to the pspice capabilities and a very large library of parts ( all of which are not useable for spice simulation in the demo but can be used for simple schematic creation).

Hope that helps

Steve

p.s. If you decide to look for cadence, look for the demo version 10.5, if you cannot find it, I have it but the file is very large (500mb). If you have an ftp server I could upload it there.