PDA

View Full Version : F4i with GM Sensors for PE ecu

jonnycowboy
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Hello, I'm in charge of the engine on ConU's car, and I had some questions regarding the sensors needed by the Perf. Electronics ECU.
I see on the PE site there are a few sensors listed that they can ship to us, but I'd rather get them from a local dealer to get up and running ASAP.
The info I'm getting is from this site: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/component_info/sensors.html
but it only lists the GM numbers for the MAP sensors. Does anybody have the GM numbers for the IAT and CTS sensors? Also, is anybody using a (or honda) wideband O2 sensor to tune their engine?
thanks
-Jon

jonnycowboy
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Hello, I'm in charge of the engine on ConU's car, and I had some questions regarding the sensors needed by the Perf. Electronics ECU.
I see on the PE site there are a few sensors listed that they can ship to us, but I'd rather get them from a local dealer to get up and running ASAP.
The info I'm getting is from this site: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/component_info/sensors.html
but it only lists the GM numbers for the MAP sensors. Does anybody have the GM numbers for the IAT and CTS sensors? Also, is anybody using a (or honda) wideband O2 sensor to tune their engine?
thanks
-Jon

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
12-22-2004, 05:06 PM
You can get the PNs in the ECU Monitor software, Engine Setup -> Sensors.

We're using a Bosch O2 with a TechEdge, it's the same unit that ships with the LM-1 kits. The old EG Civic VXs had an UEGO, that'd be another option.

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
École Polytechnique de Montréal

jonnycowboy
12-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok thanks Marc, I hadn't thought of looking in the ECU Monitor software. Yeah there is a honda UEGO sensor listed on that site as well that I might pick up.
Thanks
-Jon

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
12-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi Jon,

The part number for the coolant temp sensor that is listed in our software has been superceeded. The new GM number is 15326386. Let me know if you need anything else.

ethanL007
12-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Brian,

you are still the man.

jonnycowboy
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi all!!
We just got our GM sensors from PE and we were wondering what people did /where to mount the coolant temp sensor? It won't fit on the f4i thermostat housing, it's a different thread and the larger GM-type won't fit unless we weld on new material to tap into. I was thinking of a T-junction with the coolant exit from engine in one end, the sensor on the middle and the thermostat on the end?
Anybody?
Thanks!

Chris Boyden
01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Just use the stock honda temp sensor.
But, you'll need to calibrate it against
the GM-type, so that you know actual temperature vs. the temperature of the reading.
It's alot easier to do this than to fabricate
new stuff. It does make the temperature compensation stuff a little more work, but
the (NTC) thermistor curves weren't all that different.

BeaverGuy
01-19-2005, 11:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jonnycowboy:
Hi all!!
We just got our GM sensors from PE and we were wondering what people did /where to mount the coolant temp sensor? It won't fit on the f4i thermostat housing, it's a different thread and the larger GM-type won't fit unless we weld on new material to tap into. I was thinking of a T-junction with the coolant exit from engine in one end, the sensor on the middle and the thermostat on the end?
Anybody?
Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made a T-Junction for our temperature gauge last year. It worked but you have the problem that until the thermostat opens you don't know what the temperature is. Also, the temperature at that point was about 10 degrees C cooler than the position on the side of the head (ZX6R) where our temp sensor for the ECU was mounted.

Ryan Schoffer
02-24-2006, 06:18 PM
does anyone know, offhand, what the actual thread size of the F4I coolant temp sensor is?