PDA

View Full Version : Msc. Analysis Manager problem.

atulg
01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
I was analyzing one test model in Patran.

But while doing that I got a error message from the Msc. Analysis Manager like "No doctemplate is loaded. can not create new document"

Does anybody got such message. IF any body has the solution, please let me know.

My mail ID is atulg4u@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
AtulG

atulg
01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
I was analyzing one test model in Patran.

But while doing that I got a error message from the Msc. Analysis Manager like "No doctemplate is loaded. can not create new document"

Does anybody got such message. IF any body has the solution, please let me know.

My mail ID is atulg4u@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
AtulG

ben
01-23-2009, 03:37 AM
Who are you? What team are you on? What are you modelling? What have you tried to fix the problem?

This forum is not about doing your homework/design analysis for you, and vague questions like this with no background and a dismissive "please email me the answer" are just not appropriate.

RTFM applies.

BTW, the minimum on the MSC ADAMS forum used to be that you identified who you were (real name) and your company/institution otherwise you got ignored. I think it was a good rule.

Ben

atulg
01-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Hello Ben,

Thanks for your generous & kind reply.
Let me first askyou. Do you have any working experience of Patran? & Do you have any working

experience of Msc. Analysis Manager?

Other thing, I am new to this forum & while joining, I did not see such rules anywhere, so....
And does the answer to the problem depend on who the person is asking or something like that?

Also let me advice you one thing before giving comment on anybody's problem control your aggression &

mind your language.
I guess you must be knowing the "simple rules of behaviour" while we talk to strangers...

I guess my question no where sound like it is my homework or design analysis. It is a simple & plain

question.
Bythe way, If you dont know the answer then don't comment. "BASIC RULE"

I think you should learn to go in to the root of the problem, than ignoring the person just because

you dont know him....Listen to the problem man.The problem is important not the person who is asking

or where he is working.This is my Philosophy..If you dont understand the problem then its OK, I will

elaborate it further.

Anyways lets concentrate on the main problem.
Its simple. When I open the Msc. Analysis Manager, it gives me "No doctemplate is loaded. can not

create new document" error
Even when I try to Create a new document or try to open an existing document, the Analysis Manager is

not responding. It only respond to exit button.

Now tell me did you understand it or not?

Zac
01-23-2009, 06:04 AM
wow, you're off to a good start...

but, it might be worth trying to do a reinstall if this is on your machine. something probably just didn't get configured properly on the first go round.

reformatting the c drive is always an option too.

vreihen
01-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Hey, atulg. Let me give you two pieces of advice:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Carefully read the signature of someone's post BEFORE you insult them! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<LI> I have yet to see a software vendor that did not offer technical support to their paying customers for using their products.
[/list]

In some cases with discounted student or academic site licenses, the software vendor will make your school appoint a designated support person (professor) to act as a buffer between the students and tech support, but there is always a support mechanism in place.

With that said, you may find this link useful:
http://www.mscsoftware.com/support/

I have been managing academic software licenses for a university probably longer than you have been alive, and the only time that I have ever seen a software company refuse to provide tech support is when somebody does not have a legal/licensed copy of their product.....

atulg
01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
hey zac thanks man... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Will try it..

Hi vreihen,

Thnaks for ur two pieces of advice... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

# Well the signature of someone's post does not count for me, but the attitude and how he treats to other persons and their problem is important than their post.
"Attitude is Altitude" & thats my motto...

# Well, I have some good experiences of such forum's about solving problems. Because most the guys on such forums are well experienced, like U & Ben (& also with higher posts) http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . The people who have good working experience, can give you gr8 solutions in no time, whereas vendor persons are somewhat lazy in giving the solutions.
And now u see, by posting on this forum, I got two good friends, U & ben.

I hope now henceforth when you see a man with problem, then dont only see the man/post/class, see the problem he/she is having in his/her hand....& try to give the solutions instead of other Nonsense thing (insult & aal that stuff)...Thats what I am doing in my life, hope u will do it in urs too....It will help u to be a better man instead of getting a better post...

# Again you are going on Ben's footsteps, problem is not like do I have a license copy or not. The problem is different.Anyways I guess u guys don't know the answers.

# Anyways don't waste ur time man, as u might have on higher post, u might be having huge work load to deal with, instead of writing such advices on forums.

tk cr & have a good day..
Keep in touch

vreihen
01-24-2009, 06:36 AM
My philosophy in life is simple: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to catch fish, and feed him for his life.

You came into this forum looking for a free fish, with the audacity of requesting that someone e-mail you a response directly implying that you could not even be bothered to read the forum for an answer. Two forum members (Ben a million times more than myself) who have done a whole lot more to support the FSAE/Formula Student community than you will apparently *ever* do pointed you towards a boat, gave you a fishing pole, and did everything short of putting a worm on your fishing hook and throwing it in the water. It is up to you to catch some fish now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The people who have good working experience, can give you gr8 solutions in no time, whereas vendor persons are somewhat lazy in giving the solutions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only person being lazy is YOU, because the "somewhat lazy vendor persons" actually answered your very question in their silly little help files that you obviously never consulted:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you get a message saying, No doctemplate is loaded. Cannot create new document. this is because you have not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Ben said, RTFM for the rest of the solution.

If you're not embarrassed enough yet, I have never even used this software before!!! (The answer came up as the #1 hit when I searched Yahoo for "msc doctemplate" a few moments ago.)

Happy fishing..... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zac
01-24-2009, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"># Well the signature of someone's post does not count for me, but the attitude and how he treats to other persons and their problem is important than their post.
"Attitude is Altitude" & thats my motto... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FSAE tip of the day: even if you don't care about signatures, or the guy has a bad attitude (which Ben does not), don't insult a design judge.