PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Sizes

overdrive535
11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
hey, we're just wondering what size throttle body everyone is running. We're looking at around 40mm for E-85, based on some tuning data we've seen. Thanks

overdrive535
11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
hey, we're just wondering what size throttle body everyone is running. We're looking at around 40mm for E-85, based on some tuning data we've seen. Thanks

Garlic
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum
Search the forum

Wesley
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Remember that unless you go with a throttle body that is smaller, the restrictor is going to be creating flow impedence, not the throttle body.

You run into decreased throttle resolution if you size it much larger than what is needed. You want to match the max flow rate of the throttle body to the max flow rate you will see through the restrictor (or a little bit more)

I actually am unsure of the rules for E85 cars, I don't know if the restrictor size changes, but we've found that (on the F4i and 20mm restrictor) a 34mm TB is the largest that is necessary because there is no difference in flow from 85-100% throttle with a larger one.

This was with dyno testing, not actual flowbench numbers, but I'm sure you could model it and figure out comparable flow rates to size it correctly.

And yes, you can search the forums too. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

overdrive535
11-03-2006, 07:26 AM
thanks, guys, and I will search the forum.