PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Div Formula SAE Challenge

Erich Ohlde
01-18-2007, 10:32 AM
From Rocky Entriken:
Salina Region of the Sports Car Club of America will again put on a special event for Formula SAE cars. It's a great opportunity to shake down your car before heading for Detroit or Fontana, get some seat time for your drivers, meet teams from other schools and just have some fun. We really hope your school's team will be part of it.

Last year the KU Jayhawks won for a second time after strong challenges from Oklahoma and Mizzou teams. Will someone spoil their bid for a three-peat?

Hope to see you in Salina March 17-18. Please let me know if you are coming or if you have any questions.

Email Rocky Entriken at rocky@spitfire4.com for more information or to RSVP

Erich Ohlde
01-18-2007, 10:32 AM
From Rocky Entriken:
Salina Region of the Sports Car Club of America will again put on a special event for Formula SAE cars. It's a great opportunity to shake down your car before heading for Detroit or Fontana, get some seat time for your drivers, meet teams from other schools and just have some fun. We really hope your school's team will be part of it.

Last year the KU Jayhawks won for a second time after strong challenges from Oklahoma and Mizzou teams. Will someone spoil their bid for a three-peat?

Hope to see you in Salina March 17-18. Please let me know if you are coming or if you have any questions.

Email Rocky Entriken at rocky@spitfire4.com for more information or to RSVP

Kyle Walther
01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
It's on!!

and we are gonna come whip some monkey A$$!!

Erich Ohlde
01-18-2007, 10:59 AM
yea right. We are gonna bring it on in JMS07 Biatch!

Sooner_Electrical
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Will someone spoil their bid for a three-peat? That is like asking if Styxx is the greatest rock band ever. I think we all know the answer to that.

conekilr
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Shut up Ricky, your dirt track winged car can't handle us in Salina!

Superfast Matt McCoy
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Team 'new member' will be handle you just fine in the dirt track wing-ed SRT-05. 'B-team' will be even faster than them in SRT-06, and of course 'The A-team' will be posting times so fast they will only be described with profanity.

I hope you will be adequately prepared for the Oklahoma Trifecta.

PedalOnTheRight
01-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Our squad will be the noobs this year if we get everything finished in time. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Let's make Detroit a showcase of Midwest might....

Cheers.

Kyle Walther
01-19-2007, 09:05 PM
not to sound cocky, but if you bring your new car to this event and run up front, you'll do well two months later in detroit.

Wesley
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Plus you might have time for a few minor design changes if your times make you want more.

That right there is worth it in my opinion.

Sooner_Electrical
01-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Design changes?!?!?!? that might imply that we were not perfect the first time out..... Like that is even possible. And Cone Killer i would like to take you back to last year i believe I spent a little time in the dirt and Bobby spent about 4 hours out there so the Sprint Wing will definately help.

Wesley
01-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I meant other teams of course. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ScottW
02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Who all plans on being driving their '07 cars there?

Erich Ohlde
02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
We plan on running our 07. but there is a fair chance that it will be 06 instead of 07

conekilr
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Everyone had better have their damn pirate flags well secured! We are actually optimising a full aero package and seeing huge gains with two flags run symmetrically much like the "horns" on the Mclaren MP4/22.

Neil S
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Why did Rocky schedule this over St. Pats weekend???

mtg
02-06-2007, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil S:
Why did Rocky schedule this over St. Pats weekend??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That pretty much counts out UMR- I can't imagine shipping out of town for the only time per year when real girls show up.

Chris Allbee
02-07-2007, 09:22 AM
probably scheduled it over St. Pats in order to encourage after event parties? no? well, it was a thought...

Sooner_Electrical
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
That was ,my thoughts Sr. Allbee, perhaps some during comp party action. I mean what could possible be the reason if that is not it.

Oh yeah and we are going to own this comp.

afroney
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Hopefully we will be able to make it. We've got two cars that are out of order. One needs a new Diff center section.

John Stimpson
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Where is this taking place? We must run restricted, correct? We may be able to bring the '06 car out.

Wesley
03-02-2007, 11:07 PM
We've got one car out-of-order enough for all three of them.

At least I'm good at something. If it's breaking things, so be it.

Anday
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
We are planning on bringing our '06 and '07 cars. The drive back will kinda suck since it'll be the end of our spring break and we have class monday. I'm sure it will be worth it though.

Just curious what the line-up will be for that weekend? Who's gonna be there?

afroney
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Is the weather going to hold out for Salina? Iowa State has been buried in two feet of snow and 10 degree weather for some time now... How's the weather in Kansas?

We're having a new center section for our Torsen on last year's car machined by the US Department of Energy in Ames Lab. (From the same people who brought you the second atomic bomb. Scary!) It's looking pretty good for getting a car out to Kansas in time. We're still looking for a female driver though... There never is a female that lasts longer than 2 weeks on our team.

Erich Ohlde
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
KU will have 2 cars, OU will have 3, Rolla might man up and come. NIU will have 2, Iowa better bring 2. Colorado should come, I don't know if they will though.
Don't worry if you don't have a chick driver you can still run.

Rellis
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Iowa state may have the female driver ill talk to you about it later tony

PedalOnTheRight
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
We're still trying to make it.

Going to be close.

Rellis
03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
We did our best to knock off KU to no avail

Our attempt to win by being the only car still running kinda didn't pay off

The course was top notch and FAST great work by the Salina scca

I would like to be the fist to congratulate KU on the win they deserved it. See you in detroit

pictures tommarow im going to sleep off my sunburn

Wesley
03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, the '05 car ended up a few flakes short of a whole bearing, the '06 car proved to be gear-limited, and the '07 is just shearly amazing.

Despite being 3 for 3 on breaking things, it was still a good time.

PedalOnTheRight
03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Sorry we couldn't make it to the party. We had some troubles on the Dyno on Thursday which made the trip a bit out of reach. See you all in DEtroit.

Rellis
03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
http://sae.stuorg.iastate.edu/formula/gallery/album88

here are the pictures and a pretty good video

more will be added as i get a chance

also this weekend in Iowa there will be a scca event at Jet karting it will be on the kart track im pretty sure.

More info as i get it

afroney
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I updated the link. Here is the correct link:

http://sae.stuorg.iastate.edu/formula/gallery/Salina_07