PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a CBR f4i fuel pump in Italy

Gaanja
08-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi all,

We will be participating in FSAE Italy shortly. We are experiencing problems with the fuel pump we are running as it suddenly stops building the required pressure and we have to refit the fuel pump all over again.

I would like to know if we could buy a fuel pump for the 2004 CBR anywhere in Italy (preferably close to Parma or Milan). Or if any of the teams are already near the event site and could spare a fuel pump, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gaanja
08-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi all,

We will be participating in FSAE Italy shortly. We are experiencing problems with the fuel pump we are running as it suddenly stops building the required pressure and we have to refit the fuel pump all over again.

I would like to know if we could buy a fuel pump for the 2004 CBR anywhere in Italy (preferably close to Parma or Milan). Or if any of the teams are already near the event site and could spare a fuel pump, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lorenzo Pessa
08-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Looking around the web near Parma the better honda motorbike spare parts seem to be www.boninihonda.com (http://www.boninihonda.com) ; +39 0524 91914
the mail address for spare part is: magazzinoricambi@boninihonda.com

About Milan there are several shops.
http://www.hondaitalia.com/rete/centri_assistenza
Could you explain me your travel plan so I can suggest you the more easy solution in Milan?

Gaanja
08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for that quick reply. Well last year wehn i was in Italy i went to Bonini moto in Parma looking for a cam trigger pick up. I was sent to their service center in Bussetto as they dont stock these spare parts in Parma. I ended up having one hell of adventure by the time i got to Bussetto. He also charged 250 euros for the cam pick up which according to me is exorbitant.

About our travel plans. About 19 of our team members are leaving tonight and will reach Milan by 1320 hrs on 28th. They are then planning to the liquids we were not allowed to put in the cargo and then reach varano by the end of the day. I will be in Milan on the 31st evening.

If you do know places en-route where we would not have to shell out an exorbitant amount it would be great.

If you do have a spare pump we could use we will gladly pay for it.

Greatly appreciate your help

Regards

Lorenzo Pessa
08-28-2010, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gaanja:
If you do know places en-route where we would not have to shell out an exorbitant amount it would be great.

If you do have a spare pump we could use we will gladly pay for it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I know it is difficult to find something in Italy if you don't speak italian. I can't do better, I live in another part of Italy.
Maybe you can try to get contact with Dynamis Team from Milan. They have an Aprilia like us but I think they know several spare part shops.
their website w w w .dynamisprc.it

See you next week!

Lorenzo Pessa
08-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I made some phonecall for Milan.
A friend advise me to contact w w w .tresoldihonda.it
I don't know if they are cheap!