PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone FSAE Tyre In Australia

BSAL
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Bridgestone Australia Ltd. are investigating the possibility of importing our 180/510-13 slick tyre which has been developed specifically for the FSAE competition. We should be able to provide a reasonable amount data on the tyre in the not too distant future. Pricing will be very competitive and we will give SAE teams a generous discount.

I'm looking for expressions of interest from Australian teams only. We will be using this feedback to judge if we should bring these in and in what quanitiy. If your team is genuinely interested in getting hold of some of these tyres can you please contact me by next Thursday 19/Feb/2009.

If there is sufficient interest in these tyres, we will initially bring in limited samples with an ETA of early April (still TBC). Teams that can respond with some cetainty will have first priority for these tyres.

Thanks,
Jon

e. jtamblyn@bridgestone.com.au
ph. (08) 8206 0248 - during business hours (CST)

BSAL
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Bridgestone Australia Ltd. are investigating the possibility of importing our 180/510-13 slick tyre which has been developed specifically for the FSAE competition. We should be able to provide a reasonable amount data on the tyre in the not too distant future. Pricing will be very competitive and we will give SAE teams a generous discount.

I'm looking for expressions of interest from Australian teams only. We will be using this feedback to judge if we should bring these in and in what quanitiy. If your team is genuinely interested in getting hold of some of these tyres can you please contact me by next Thursday 19/Feb/2009.

If there is sufficient interest in these tyres, we will initially bring in limited samples with an ETA of early April (still TBC). Teams that can respond with some cetainty will have first priority for these tyres.

Thanks,
Jon

e. jtamblyn@bridgestone.com.au
ph. (08) 8206 0248 - during business hours (CST)

Moke
02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
What about New Zealand teams? We are quite close to Australia.

BSAL
02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi Brent,

We can also supply tyres to New Zealand teams. We will need firm orders to do so though.

exFSAE
02-17-2009, 04:25 AM
...but is it fast?

Ashley Denmead
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
If it was good i would imagine lots would be interested! Deakin could be interested.

oz_olly
02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Depending on price and longevity ADFA may be interested. We we are looking to move to 10 inch rims this year so wouldn't be looking to use them on our new car. They may suit us for our old cars for hill climbs and driver training.

Fil
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Monash are interested, we run the bridgestone wets in this compound and I have been trying to source a set of the slicks for quite a while. What sort of price are we looking at? Is it going to be similar to the wets?

Aeros Paceband
04-18-2009, 01:29 AM
There are 21 (twenty one) teams in India that are looking for Slicks.

Maybe you should broaden the horizon? http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

exFSAE
04-18-2009, 07:24 AM
........but, is it FAST?