PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-Max 2000 software options

Mikey Antonakakis
10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, what would you recommend for software from Land and Sea? We will hopefully be getting a dyno from them soon, and I can't decide which software/data acquisition to go with. I'd like to do 28-channel, so I guess that leaves me with a choice between the standard and the pro software (a $1000 difference).

Mikey Antonakakis
10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, what would you recommend for software from Land and Sea? We will hopefully be getting a dyno from them soon, and I can't decide which software/data acquisition to go with. I'd like to do 28-channel, so I guess that leaves me with a choice between the standard and the pro software (a $1000 difference).

Tim Gornik
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Write your own, then you can make it do what ever you want!

Mikey Antonakakis
10-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I would, but I have to design an intake, exhaust, and do all of the tuning on this year's engine. I think that should be keeping me kind of busy. And neither I, nor anyone else I know, would be able to make that work as smoothly and with as nice of an interface as Land and Sea has done. You can design it for me though, I'll give you five dollars.

Anyone with experience with the software care to share their opinion?

Marshall.Hagen
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
We use a Land&Sea water brake chassis dyno w/twin 12" rollers with the DynoMax2000 software. The software is very powerful however it is easy to get calibrations out of spec. You can run a number of channels through the base software. Havn't looked into the Pro version much.

If you are strictly going to use a dynamometer for engine development, I highly recommend going with an engine dyno. We also have a SuperFlow SF-901 engine dyno, and it is much more precise and repeatable. Plus the load control is much easier to use, I can hit all the load/rpm cells in just a few hours. It also allows concurrent development, you don't need a chassis and drivetrain to tune the engine.

Mikey Antonakakis
10-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks, that's the route we're pursuing currently... I'm thinking the Pro Software is a bit overpriced for what we would get out of it. The guy I've been speaking to in sales told me that the main difference is that you cannot overlay one run on the other with the Standard software... it's a very useful feature, but I doubt it is $1000 useful, when our team has such a limited budget.

Marshall.Hagen
10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
I am fairly certain our software is not the "pro" version. But I do know that we can overlay runs.

I will look at the software version info and get back to you.