PDA

View Full Version : supension points

samaira
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
what are the suspension/mounting points in car?plz name it n its position.

samaira
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
what are the suspension/mounting points in car?plz name it n its position.

ed_pratt
12-05-2010, 12:31 PM
3, definitely 3.

Ken_D
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Come on now, at least put some actual effort into it yourself. No one will hand you things like this. I've been lurking for close to a year, I've had what I'm sure are hundreds, if not thousands of (sometimes stupid) questions, but I always found out what I needed to know (and more, if you took the time to delve into it, this really is a brilliant resource) via searching this forum, and some careful googling. There's no reason you can't do the same, especially if you plan to become a professional engineer. I really don't understand the 'hi, someone give me a car design, thnx' attitude. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif What happened to good ol' hard work and research?

Chris Craig
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ed_pratt:
3, definitely 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed

Tim.Wright
12-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Have you considered a career in Pottery?

Tim

MegaDeath
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ed_pratt:
3, definitely 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't use 3 as your suspension point, your engine won't even run. Be sure you use 3, or you will be in a world of trouble.

Mehul Botadra
12-05-2010, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken_D:
You wouldn't happen to be from an Indian team, would you?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh generalization.

exFSAE
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Harsh? Yes. Out of taste? Yea probably. But not entirely untrue.

Ken_D
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mehul Botadra:
Harsh generalization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it did come off much worse than it sounded in my head or was my intent. My apologies, samaira, I'll edit my post.

Mehul Botadra
12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
No worries! Hopefully whatever team she is from, learn Google and Search! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The AFX Master
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
[/QUOTE]

Harsh generalization.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be statistics, instead.

I agree that the number of suspension points should be 3, located in the rear upper left quadrant of the aligned derivative of the contact patch crossed product with the kingpin angle.

And a little bit to the left.

Mehul Botadra
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The AFX Master:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh generalization.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be statistics, instead.

I agree that the number of suspension points should be 3, located in the rear upper left quadrant of the aligned derivative of the contact patch crossed product with the kingpin angle.

And a little bit to the left.[/QUOTE]

There are like a 100 teams below the Indian teams. Probably we should compare those stats too!

PatClarke
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I think we have a new World Champion! ;-)

Pat