PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Brake Information

VPR-1
04-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Does anyone have solidworks model of a Wilwood Dynalite Single with the 3.25" mounting point that they could send me? (Email: vinnyandfordrule@hotmail.com)

Also on the topic of these brakes, has anyone found or made vented discs that fit these calipers (maximum width is 0.38")? How are they compared to solid discs?

One last question for the Australians on the forum, where's the best and cheapest place to get Wilwood products in Australia? I live in north Queensland, so there's not many retailers that deal with this type of stuff.

Thanks.

VPR-1
04-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Does anyone have solidworks model of a Wilwood Dynalite Single with the 3.25" mounting point that they could send me? (Email: vinnyandfordrule@hotmail.com)

Also on the topic of these brakes, has anyone found or made vented discs that fit these calipers (maximum width is 0.38")? How are they compared to solid discs?

One last question for the Australians on the forum, where's the best and cheapest place to get Wilwood products in Australia? I live in north Queensland, so there's not many retailers that deal with this type of stuff.

Thanks.

Jersey Tom
04-26-2006, 02:25 AM
'Solid', cross-drilled mild steel rotors work just fine, so why bother with vented.

RonBurgundy01
04-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I know VPW stock wilwood calipers but i also know that they are a pretty expensive unit. But if you guys at JCU have got the pennies and the calipers will do the job then go for it.

I am pretty sure that VPW have an online ordering system too which would make it pretty easy for you guys in sunny QLD to get the gear sent through to you. If you give em a bell i'm sure that they could maybe point you in the direction of someone in QLD who stocks them also.

Hope i've been of some assistance, good luck, hope to see you guys in December.

Cheers

Matty
Eureka Racing Team Chief Engineer
Ballarat University

PatClarke
04-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Vin,
Ckeck your private messages
Regards
Pat Clarke

Bart Smith
05-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Vin,

We too are using Wilwood calipers this year, and will either use the dynalite single floaters, or the dynalite single on the front.

I know the prices at VPW, are probably about the best in the country ( from what I've found), but perhaps we could put in a "bulk" order, and may get a better price.

And yes, cross drilled mild steel rotors will do the job. Get em cut with a water jet!