PDA

View Full Version : MATERIALS FOR CHASSY

nkhldsz
05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi frens,
my team at SJEC are planning to participate in Supra saeIndia,we are in a little confusion as to what materials are best for the design of the chassy. Should we go for mild steel? or chrome molly tubings? how expensive are these tubings compared to the mild steel tubings? and wher can I find dealers for chrome molly tubings in India? and also how expensive will the fabrication be?

nkhldsz
05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi frens,
my team at SJEC are planning to participate in Supra saeIndia,we are in a little confusion as to what materials are best for the design of the chassy. Should we go for mild steel? or chrome molly tubings? how expensive are these tubings compared to the mild steel tubings? and wher can I find dealers for chrome molly tubings in India? and also how expensive will the fabrication be?

AngryIndian
05-04-2011, 02:29 AM
This is not how this forum works. Don't expect people to answer your questions when you haven't done any research yourself. Whenever you have any doubt, the first step is always Google. Go to google, type "materials for chassis" or "differences between mild steel and chromoly" and you will get many answers. If you are not satisfied with them, you can search on the FSAE forum.
"If you're new here, it's very likely that among almost 5000 forum members and close to 50,000 posts, your question has been asked. Well, at least the basic questions.
Show some intelligence, and use the Find option of this forum. There are over 80 pages of posts, so there is a lot of knowledge saved here. It's free!!! All you have to do is read it."- MechanicalDan

Since you have registered today, you should have gone through the posts that have been stickied in the "Open FSAE Discussion" webpage. They are the ones that appear in bold at the top. Go through "If you are new here, click here and read this first" and "BOOK LIST to reference for car design". Also go through the "Teams from India" topic.
I hope you will be careful from now onwards and do your homework before asking silly questions. Such types of questions from Indian teams are getting more and more frequent since many new teams have come up in the past 2 years and it's causing serious damage to the reputation of our country.

vikram.
05-04-2011, 03:45 AM
god all mighty,study brother

Spetsnazos
05-05-2011, 10:41 AM
What is your goal ? If you are basing it strictly on what someone tells you on the forums, then you're going down the wrong route.

Either one of the materials is probably usable, but make sure to read the rules to see how it will affect your geometry, weight, and performance.

Also its spelled "Chassis"

Cheers