PDA

View Full Version : Jenvey

LSU Dave
01-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Has anyone had any luck in contacting Jenvey in the last several weeks? I got to the point where I sent him my credit card number so that he could make the throttle I ordered, but that was before Christmas and I haven't gotten a response to emails?

Anyone else been able to contact Jenvey?

LSU Dave
01-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Has anyone had any luck in contacting Jenvey in the last several weeks? I got to the point where I sent him my credit card number so that he could make the throttle I ordered, but that was before Christmas and I haven't gotten a response to emails?

Anyone else been able to contact Jenvey?

Alastair Clarke
01-13-2006, 06:01 AM
I presume you mean Jenvey in the UK? If so, I was at the Autosport exhibition in Birmingham yesterday, and they had a stand there etc, so they've not gone bust or anything.

Cheers

Alastair

kozak
01-13-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah i'm looking to buy some stuff from them soon and their website is still up.

LSU Dave
01-13-2006, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alastair Clarke:
I presume you mean Jenvey in the UK? If so, I was at the Autosport exhibition in Birmingham yesterday, and they had a stand there etc, so they've not gone bust or anything.

Cheers

Alastair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm glad to hear that. I had noticed on the website a banner talking about the exhibition. Hopefully I'll hear back from them after they get back. I just don't like that I didn't hear from him at all after I gave them my credit card number.

Makes you nervous when they're in another country.

~~J~~
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Do you guys know of any other manufacturers for throttle bodies? specifically, butterfly's from 30-35mm. Since I'm located in the US, it'd be nice to know a few US manufacturers.

cheers

Kirk Feldkamp
01-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Try Kinsler. http://www.kinsler.com/

-Kirk

LSU Dave
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ~~J~~:
Do you guys know of any other manufacturers for throttle bodies? specifically, butterfly's from 30-35mm. Since I'm located in the US, it'd be nice to know a few US manufacturers.

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just heard back from Jenvey. It turns out they shut down from around the 23rd to the 3rd over Christmas. I'd still keep them in mind as a price comparison as they offered me a 50% discount on the TB.

~~J~~
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
what kind of money do you guys usually pay for throttle bodies?

bbcb750
01-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Today they said that the university ones are coming out of the machine shop soon and if we keep our fingers crossed we might get it next week. Whatever that's worth...

LSU Dave
01-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Sweet... I got an email saying a batch of 35mm TBs was being bored out yesterday as well.

Need to remind next year's team to order their throttle in November I think... hahaha

bbcb750
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I did order ours in November, but they somehow "lost my order". Maybe we will get them before the snow melts...

LSU Dave
01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbcb750:
I did order ours in November, but they somehow "lost my order". Maybe we will get them before the snow melts... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got my throttle from Jenvey today with the TPI. Only thing missing is the male plug that goes with it... Does anyone know where to get one?

Chris Boyden
01-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Yea, cut it off and replace it with something more standard like a weather pack/metri pack or a deutsch connector.

bbcb750
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
We got ours today. All looks good. Was looking for the male plug, but was soon reminded that we had to do the same cut and swap of connectors last year as well.

Redfaul
02-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Did you guys have Jenvey specially make a TB for you? I am looking for a throttle body that I can just purchase (around 35mm or so) and design it into our intake. If you have any information or advice that could get me closer to this goal I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Dan G
02-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Red, I recently picked up a 36mm TB with integral TPS and cable brackets from a 3-cyl Geo Metro. It was a TBI unit, but the injection portion just unbolts off the top and you're left with a TB. There are a few extraneous vacuum ports and its heavier than a custom made TB, but I'm hoping I can shave some of the bulk off of it and seal up any extra holes/ports/passages.

$25 shipped from some guy on a Geo board. Not too shabby.

~~J~~
02-05-2006, 09:38 AM
so jenvey seems like the one to go with as far as TB's go...