PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic clutch

rigg11
03-26-2006, 01:48 PM
We purchased a CNC Inc pedal assembly for a volkswagen. will the mechanical advantage be too much for the honda CBR 600rr clutch? i.e. have a "loose clutch"

billywight
03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't know, try calculating it...

absolutepressure
03-26-2006, 10:35 PM
You should have thought about that before you purchased it http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Pretty much all you can do now is what billy said, and shorten the pedal if needed.

Wes
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
If the clutch is in fact hydraulic, why can't you just put in a valve (such as a brake bias valve, you probably have a spare one around) and decrease the pressure coming out of the master cylinder? This would lower the mechanical advantage and give a stiffer pedal.

drivetrainUW-Platt
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
ha, you finally gave into this forum eh Wes? I guess I will be the third UWP member to post in here...I would figure out how much force it takes to pull the clutch on the bike to disengage it fully then do some "brake" calculations to find your master and slave cylinder sizes and pedal ratios.

absolutepressure
04-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Wes? I had a feeling it was you, but I wasn't sure.

GET CRUNK!--Phrase of the day

RonBurgundy01
04-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm with mike on this one. If you change the ratio of areas between the master cylinder piston and slave cylinder piston this will help a lot if the volksie system is too much for the CBR. Also you could run a rubber line instead of a braided line, the rubber will expand under the fluid pressure therefore taking some of the force out of the slave cylinder. And if all else fails decrease the pedal size to change the mechanical advantage or maybe put a really small tab on the clutch actuator so the torque acting on it is decreased.

Good Luck

Matty