PDA

View Full Version : Polymatrix Q

rjwoods77
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
They advertise this for aluminum rotors. Is it for aluminum or al-mmc. I have some al-mmc rotors and I have access to modify exsiting pads that were matched to the rotor material but I want to see if I can get away with a dynalite single pad. Anyone ever use this compound for anything? Has anyone used a different compound with any success on al-mmc. We are making our own calipers and I would love to be able to use wilwoods dynalight single pad.

rjwoods77
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
They advertise this for aluminum rotors. Is it for aluminum or al-mmc. I have some al-mmc rotors and I have access to modify exsiting pads that were matched to the rotor material but I want to see if I can get away with a dynalite single pad. Anyone ever use this compound for anything? Has anyone used a different compound with any success on al-mmc. We are making our own calipers and I would love to be able to use wilwoods dynalight single pad.

Faterooski
10-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Someone on our team is looking into these as we speak....what I gathered is that the polymatrix-Q pads are for Al-MMC rotors. I THINK that means only Al-MMC and not for plain aluminum, but don't hold me to it. By the way, where did you come up with your Al-MMC material? We're looking into "duralcan," but we're having a tough time finding a supplier. What are you using (if you don't care to share) and where did you find it? As soon we come up with any more info I'll pass it along.