PDA

View Full Version : center to center between two sprocket

rahul patil
07-28-2013, 05:04 AM
what should be center to center between two sprocket wheel please suggest me & how to decide it.............

Lemon Lime
07-28-2013, 05:18 AM
To save some people's time to save yours too ;

Who are you ?

Where are you from ?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

MCoach
07-28-2013, 05:48 AM
http://chain-guide.com/basics/...-with-sprockets.html (http://chain-guide.com/basics/2-1-2-engagement-with-sprockets.html)

This will help

Tim.Wright
07-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by rahul patil:
what should be center to center between two sprocket wheel please suggest me & how to decide it.............

As a starting point you would probably want to make it a little bigger than sum of the radii of the two sprockets...

Hector
07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Tim.Wright:
As a starting point you would probably want to make it a little bigger than sum of the radii of the two sprockets...

Gears! Save weight by skipping that pesky chain.

onemaniac
07-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Looks like you're struggling with drive train design (according to other questions you've posted)
Why don't you get a mechanical design book and take some time to read?
There is no magic number for any of these...
I'm doing you a favor because after this you still have at least 10 more parameters to decide, then even more to come when you start detailing your system design.
You'll be surprised.

Owen Thomas
07-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by onemaniac:
Looks like you're struggling with drive train design (according to other questions you've posted)
Why don't you get a mechanical design book and take some time to read?
There is no magic number for any of these...
I'm doing you a favor because after this you still have at least 10 more parameters to decide, then even more to come when you start detailing your system design.
You'll be surprised.
+1. Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design is a pretty good text. Plus, there's all kinds of "nominal size ___" tables and empirical rules of thumb that help a ton with design.

Edit: Link didn't work, just google the book.

mech5496
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Shigley's mechanical engineering is pretty much the engineering bible, awesome book for everyting mechanical.