PDA

View Full Version : WinGeo3 help

Sathersc
03-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone, I've been playing around with WinGeo3 v4.0 for a few months now, and based off my toying and the documentation, there are still some thigns I can't make heads or tails of. Any help you can offer on any of my questions would be appreciated.

-In the keyboard menu, what are the real world values of the, "ride", "roll", and "steer" values? If I say input a steer of, "1.5", I get Steering angle results of 26 and 35.9 degrees, but I don't know how that corrilates to the input.

-How can I model a front and rear suspension of the same car together?

-Is there anything in the Fixture tab under the edit suspension menu that I seemingly can't access?

-What are the reported Ackerman values?

I feel these things are holding me back from really understanding what's going on with the software, and they're probably stupid questions, but you know how sometimes it takes someone else to point out blatently obvious things. Again, thanks.

Sathersc
03-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone, I've been playing around with WinGeo3 v4.0 for a few months now, and based off my toying and the documentation, there are still some thigns I can't make heads or tails of. Any help you can offer on any of my questions would be appreciated.

-In the keyboard menu, what are the real world values of the, "ride", "roll", and "steer" values? If I say input a steer of, "1.5", I get Steering angle results of 26 and 35.9 degrees, but I don't know how that corrilates to the input.

-How can I model a front and rear suspension of the same car together?

-Is there anything in the Fixture tab under the edit suspension menu that I seemingly can't access?

-What are the reported Ackerman values?

I feel these things are holding me back from really understanding what's going on with the software, and they're probably stupid questions, but you know how sometimes it takes someone else to point out blatently obvious things. Again, thanks.

kwancho
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
For the steer, that's inches of rack travel. You can also change it to steering wheel degrees in the menu.

IsheeM
03-23-2006, 06:33 AM
To model a front and rear suspension together: You must create seperate files for the front and the rear and they must use the same origin. Then go to Edit -> Origin and click the check box for steerable depending on which end you have. After that, you can load both files at the same time and there you go.

As for the ackerman, that confuses me too.

Nihal
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
In 4.0 there is an option to load a rear suspension with your front. I think it is under file.