PDA

View Full Version : Design and Cost Events Help

Pedrot16
07-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi there

I´m from a first time team, we are a little lost in the design and cost events... It´s supposed to do a kind of powerpoint presentation? Or it´s just a talk with the judges?

Pedrot16
07-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi there

I´m from a first time team, we are a little lost in the design and cost events... It´s supposed to do a kind of powerpoint presentation? Or it´s just a talk with the judges?

Pete M
07-02-2007, 03:57 AM
It's more a talk than it is a powerpoint presentation. Basically, there are multiple judges that will be talking to different members of your team rather than one unified presentation. You need props though, design boards, binders of data, etc. They won't just take your word for it without supporting evidence. You really want to plan what you're going to talk about, focus on the fundamentals in the first round. Design anyway, cost is usually more informal.

But what do i know, we've done pretty crap in design in recent years, despite being one of the quicker teams on track (2nd place dynamically at West last year). Anyone who regularly does well willing to give some advice?

murpia
07-02-2007, 04:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedrot16:
Hi there

I´m from a first time team, we are a little lost in the design and cost events... It´s supposed to do a kind of powerpoint presentation? Or it´s just a talk with the judges? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pedro,
All you need to know is in the event handbook linked to here (http://www.formulastudent.com/2007event/importdates.htm)...
Regards, Ian