PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using byke calipers off cbr600(nissin calipers)? or any other byke?

satbat7
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
hi,
Is anyone using byke calipers off cbr600(nissin calipers)? or off any similar byke?

i wanted a few details of the calipers like pad deflection, pressure ratings etc. for calculations and dimensions/cad drawings for the upright design.
thanks.

satbat7
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
hi,
Is anyone using byke calipers off cbr600(nissin calipers)? or off any similar byke?

i wanted a few details of the calipers like pad deflection, pressure ratings etc. for calculations and dimensions/cad drawings for the upright design.
thanks.

vandit
02-14-2007, 08:54 AM
hi satvik

nissin calipers seems to be nice....but i didnt find any supplier to our country....

but anyway if you got few cbr's which can sacrifice for you then i dont think there will be any problem....

watch out for apracing and ebc brakes also ...somebody suggested to me on this forum only but apracing r damm expensive...

satbat7
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM
hi shanky,

i got the nissin calipers off the bike from which we got the engine and related components so i thought i could try and use them,,

actually packaging is a really big problem with these calipers, since they are radially long and the banjo is also on the top.. it gives problem even if i compromise on the disc size(8.7")

I am looking at the local bike calipers and disc asssembly now because it fits in my wheel and the budget as well! i cant afford to import AP or wilwood ..what are u using?

vandit
02-16-2007, 04:42 AM
we used local bike assembly in first car...

and what size of rims r u using...10" or 13"....

and nice u got bike to rip off(pretty lucky)...

satbat7
02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
What assembly are u using on this car then? we are using 13" .. where do u guys manage to get slicks from?

vandit
02-18-2007, 02:51 AM
i will suggest that you dont use what others are using because in the end its you who have to explain to design judge that why you chose that particular assembly for your car and believe me judges very much appreciate if you explain how you went about your design and finally zeroed on something ....

this car we are using local disc with wilwood caliers.....and slicks we bought and paid shit load of custom duty...

satbat7
02-18-2007, 07:27 AM
If i would have thought what others are using, i would be using wilwood too, the most popular choice i guess.

We did not budget for importing calipers, because we knew that we will get a stripped byke and not just an engine, so always worked on the nissin. The bore calculations was also with respect to nissin actually.

Now that i may not be able to use them(i am trying modifications),i was curious about what other Indian teams are using.

We cant afford to buy slicks at this pt. of time, but hoosier is first in line if we get more sponsors.