PDA

View Full Version : Tilton 77 Series MC's, any experiences?

DART-CG
12-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi and Merry Christmas from Germany,

we think about switching our master cylinder assembly from ap racing spherical cp5855 to Tilton's 77 Series mainly due to the weight advantage of nearly 200g per cylinder.

There are still 2 things I'm concerned about:
- prices. AP is quite affordable with with their student discount, who about Tilton? There is no hint about the prices, do you know them? Cheap or inaffordable?
- Quality: though the AP's are quite heavy boys there is no lack in quality nor any problems in stiffness. How about the Tiltons?

Thanks for your replies and good luck to you all from Darmstadt!

DART-CG
12-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi and Merry Christmas from Germany,

we think about switching our master cylinder assembly from ap racing spherical cp5855 to Tilton's 77 Series mainly due to the weight advantage of nearly 200g per cylinder.

There are still 2 things I'm concerned about:
- prices. AP is quite affordable with with their student discount, who about Tilton? There is no hint about the prices, do you know them? Cheap or inaffordable?
- Quality: though the AP's are quite heavy boys there is no lack in quality nor any problems in stiffness. How about the Tiltons?

Thanks for your replies and good luck to you all from Darmstadt!

moose
12-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Are the 77 series the ones with the bearing in the back?

If so, the price from tilton is about 286 per (thats what I remember off the top of my head), there is a discount off of list, you pay a little under 75%, maybe 72.5%.

The special balance bar for it is also quite expensive, but with the savings its around 100 off list.

matt

DART-CG
12-26-2007, 04:40 AM
Thx, thats good to know! Yes, the 77 series is the one with the bearing in the back. Because we have a very naarow monocoque on the front we can't use the normal pushrod assembly. thus, our choice is quite small. How about experiences with these components?