PDA

View Full Version : Paintball cylinder for shifting

Dheeraj Chowdary
03-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Hi all. We're adapting some paintball gear to shift gears in our car. I have a 9oz paintball cylinder filled with CO2. We're using a 5/3 valve for shifting.

Now the problem is, I have a pin-type paintball cylinder. What sort of a regulator should I buy? The one I bought is incompatible. I found online that an ASA on/off will do. I'm unable to find much information on this, though.

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, please give me alternatives for the ASA if any.

Thanks in advance! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dmacke
03-19-2013, 09:52 AM
When our team ran paddle shift we used a regulator from a company called Swagelok I believe.

Dylan Edmiston
03-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Dheeraj Chowdary:
Hi all. We're adapting some paintball gear to shift gears in our car. I have a 9oz paintball cylinder filled with CO2. We're using a 5/3 valve for shifting.

Now the problem is, I have a pin-type paintball cylinder. What sort of a regulator should I buy? The one I bought is incompatible. I found online that an ASA on/off will do. I'm unable to find much information on this, though.

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, please give me alternatives for the ASA if any.

Thanks in advance! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

An ASA (Air Source Adapter) is not a regulator. The ASA is what the tank screws into so you can feed a line into one of the regulators. The on/off capability just allows the user to turn the air source on or off.

Dheeraj Chowdary
03-20-2013, 12:48 AM
@dmacke: Thanks for the suggestion. Our cylinder is 13/16", and Swagelok doesn't have the required size.

@Dylan: Wow. Enlightenment. Wonder how hours of Googling didn't help. Thanks. Any suggestions on where I can find a regulator, though?

Cardriverx
03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Palmers stabilizer. Great regulator, and they make a version with just 1/8 npt ports for shifting systems and such.

Originally posted by Dheeraj Chowdary:
@dmacke: Thanks for the suggestion. Our cylinder is 13/16", and Swagelok doesn't have the required size.

@Dylan: Wow. Enlightenment. Wonder how hours of Googling didn't help. Thanks. Any suggestions on where I can find a regulator, though?