PDA

View Full Version : YFZ450 fuel system

jmc214
06-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi all,
We are trying to revamp our fuel system this year. Primarily, we'd like to get away from AN fittings and our old Aeromotive FPR (for something smaller). I've decided regular barbed hose fittings and clams would work with with reinforced rubber hose, but I don't really know where to start as far as the FPR is concerned. We run microsquirts. I guess I don't have the necessary specs to make a good FPR decision, or even know if there are any alternatives.
Anyone have some insight?
Thanks,
Jack

Lehigh University FSAE

jmc214
06-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi all,
We are trying to revamp our fuel system this year. Primarily, we'd like to get away from AN fittings and our old Aeromotive FPR (for something smaller). I've decided regular barbed hose fittings and clams would work with with reinforced rubber hose, but I don't really know where to start as far as the FPR is concerned. We run microsquirts. I guess I don't have the necessary specs to make a good FPR decision, or even know if there are any alternatives.
Anyone have some insight?
Thanks,
Jack

Lehigh University FSAE

Kirk Feldkamp
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
The AEM universal is pretty small/light (and is adjustable). Your most "OE" solution, however, will be finding a bolted FPR that mounts on a rail and runs at the fuel pressure level you want. Keihin has ~3 non-adjustable pressures for motorcycle applications, I think. The biggest question is whether or not you want it to be manifold referenced. There are a bunch of low-buck mechanical non-referenced FPR's out there.